sigline poll

Do you wear a brain bucket while riding a bike?

• I leave the siglines off.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have the siglines on.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Topper

Flashaholic*
I got something in my sigline. It would be rude for me to block others while expecting everyone to veiw mine.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jpeg

Enlightened
Often they are informative. Cromag put a link in his to our local get together... Haveblue put a link to his mods... and yea, sometimes, it's just fun to read them... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find a lot of people (myself included) list their lights in their sig, or at least the ones they like to mention. It helps me to get an idea where they're coming from when certain lights are discussed. .

jtice

Flashaholic
I like the sigs alot, and as a matter of fact, i have been wanting to find time to make a sigline image for myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
I've been waiting for this thread to come up.
A million years ago, I saw a cartoon in a magazine that had a skunk with a big grin on his face. His dialog balloon said "I stink, therefore I am" I thought it was a funny parody on René Descartes. Then years later (read now) I saw Newbie's paradoy. Then Photon Wrangler (I think it was) came up with "I.P., therefore I am". At that point, I had to do the skunk thing......
Edit. Roy, I guess you could say I'm stinking up the bandwidth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't know you could turn them off... But I like them because I learn about a lot of kewl lights that are out there. If I see a name of one that I don't recognize, I sometimes do a search and find out some great stuff or end up getting it if or when it's available. Oh, and I love some of the quips, like - behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes, or is that an ARC AAA in your pocket or are you really that small. Those gave me a chuckle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif (hope I remembered those correctly)

----------------------------------
EAT AT JOES /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

danielo_d

Enlightened
Hey Roy and UncleFester,
that would be a cool SigLine:

I think that Siglines are a waste of bandwidth.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

Danno

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember the first sig I ever saw that I liked on CPF was the one that Electrolumens uses. "resistance is futile" Did he mean in a light so they are brighter? or buying his? That was great!

And yes I agree with you danno. I think we need to get danielo_d a new sigline LOL. I'm not against crude ones but they have to be even better than a regular one to come across. I'll stew on it for a while /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to keep them off to save bandwidth. Then I saw references to other's siglines and turned the feature on in order to observe. I decided to keep the feature on and read them as there is even more information available. I start to glaze over when I see the same sig over and over in the same post. That's why I apply my sig selectively.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
UncleFester said:
Then Photon Wrangler (I think it was) came up with "I.P., therefore I am". At that point, I had to do the skunk thing......

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, guilty as charged. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Having some background in networking and Internet protocol, it seemed to fit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Btw, Descartes was sitting in a bar one day, finishing up his drink. The bartender came over and asked "would you like another?" "I think not," Descartes replied, and --Poof!-- ...he disappeared.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I can't stand it when people have a photo of some rare flashlight in their sigline - You know they're just using it to **** off JT and Darell etc. It's disgraceful.

Size15's

Flashaholic
In that case, I won't bring the purple A2! So there!!
I thought you may have liked to have Shelby take your photo with you holding it?

You see what trouble siglines cause?

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif