Google Search a CPF handle

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
I don't know if this was asked before.....but have you ever Googled a CPF handle before??? If that handle was carried over from somewhere else on the net it's all lumped together.

My brother found out that I joined CPF this way.....weird huh?

Aloha

Topper

Flashaholic*
2,240,000 hits for Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif I guess I picked a good one I glanced at the first 6 pages for me might be easier ways to find me.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

matt_j

Enlightened
Well you guys can laugh but this became a problem for me. My ex psycho girlfriend did this search and now I'm getting nasty emails. I mean I was getting them before but now it got out of control. So I would rather had my screen name not advertised. With different forums that doesnt have a cafe area stuff is pretty much cut and dry and searches either bring out nothing or dull old boring posts. Since cafe is more liberal it brings aspects that I hoped would stay annonymous. Sucks. Now can I change my screen name keeping my posting history?

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
351 hits for ACMarina. Strangely enough, there is a picture titled "ACMarina" on Natalie Portman's website. .

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
polak187 said:
Well you guys can laugh but this became a problem for me. My ex psycho girlfriend did this search and now I'm getting nasty emails. I mean I was getting them before but now it got out of control. So I would rather had my screen name not advertised. With different forums that doesnt have a cafe area stuff is pretty much cut and dry and searches either bring out nothing or dull old boring posts. Since cafe is more liberal it brings aspects that I hoped would stay annonymous. Sucks. Now can I change my screen name keeping my posting history?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's what I meant about the weird part......makes me think twice about re-using a screen name in another forum.

Aloha

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I got a measly 500 hits on Lynx_arc. amazing I haven't been reged for but a few months and google already has my profile cached.

Greta

Flashaholic
polak... just go to your profile and change your display name. That will change it on every post you've ever made on CPF... I think... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif ... but you will maintain all of your posts, postcount, profile etc... I think... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Added... actually... I know you won't lose your postcount or previous posts. The part I'm unsure about is whether or not it will change your display name on all of your previous posts. Give it a try and let us know! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
That part I can answer.
Yes, changing your display name *will* change it on all previous posts. The only place your former username will remain is within messages as replied to (quoted) by other CPFers.

For example, I might have said this several years ago:

[ QUOTE ]
Stingmon said:
Test message

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet my CPF name now is The_LED_Museum.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup. It's too late. As unique as CromagNet is... Google finds me everywhere. The search just reminded me of how hooked I was on the Dark Ages of Camelot online RPG. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think my username might get a lot of hits on Google. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif