Scotch tape + blue Inova X5T

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Over in the ARC forum someone mentioned smoothing out the ringy blotchy beam of a blue AAA with a bit of frosty scotch tape. Tried it on my cobalt blue Inova X5T and danged if it didn't work perfectly with hardly any loss of brightness.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just found a roll of Scotch "satin" tape (less frosty than the other stuff), and it works even better...just a hint of the ring now and little or no effect on overall brightness

SCampbell

Newly Enlightened
Isn't that the oddest thing???

I received my blue X-5 today, and was dismayed at the squiggly, squirrely appearance of the beam. Then I rememebered this thread, slapped a piece of Scotch Magic tape on there, and voila. Simply amazing; although one wonders how often you would have to replace the tape if the light was carried in a pocket.

Fortunately, I have an SF E1 for that; just need to get a KL1 for it...

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Coincidentally, I've been carrying my cobalt blue X5T around in the little sheath it comes with for several days now, including a trip from sea level up to 8000 feet elevation over the week end, and the scotch tape is still firmly attached. This is in spite of taking the light out probably 40-50 times, and having the scotch tape bulge out a bit from the reduced atmospheric pressure when I spent 24 hours up in the mountains. IMHO, it's hard to beat this fix.

Thanks.

TOB9595

Enlightened
Well fella's you made me smile
smile.gif
I was disappointed with the blue. Now with the tape on it it's fine. GREAT DAY IN THE EVENIN. or somethin like that A pun on the light out..... forget it.
Thanks