Japanese help, please

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

I just got a hold of an automotive modding device that is supposed to give a bump in horsepower. But the packaging is entirely in Japanese. Also, since it connects the negative and positive terminals of the car battery directly through some "black box" I'm rather afraid of just plugging it in without understanding it.

I have not been able to find any translatable documentation on the web. It is called "Volup" and is made by some company called AutoTech in Japan.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The following pictures are the only discernible instructions.
volup01.jpg

volup02.jpg

Wilkey

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait a minute!

You connect something between the positive and the negative power poles of the battery and it is supposed to improve horsepower and torque?

I thought this was some fancy gadget to regulate and condition the power to the electrical system!

Somethin' ain't right here, ya'll!!

Bill

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't worry just connect it as the picture shows. I find instructions in Japanese pretty easy to understand because they have very clear illustrations.

This thing sounds like those big Farad capacitors that pro SPL competitors use.

-vince.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the translation Takifugu!

Thanks for the link Amorphous.

Yup,
Gotta have speed as well as bright. Now if I can only figure out the Gy6.35-to-9007 adapter I can run 3,600 lumen Osrams in my headlamps. Until then, Hella Optilux will have to do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wilkey

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be danged, I went out there to install this thing and there isn't any room for the module. There is physically no room to stuff that thing which is the size of a deck of cards. Dang. I remember my friend's 1970's Detroit Iron. There was almost enough room to step into the engine bay while you were working on motor.

Times change.

Wilkey