Malkoff        

Thread: Mail in Japan, Is it the most reliable on Earth.

Default Mail in Japan, Is it the most reliable on Earth.

I have shipped over and over again to countries in Europe and Asia as well as North America.

Outside of North American the country that has the single most orders is Japan.

I have had packages get lost in the mail sometimes to show up late or not at all in every country I have done business with. If it gets lost I replace it.

The only exception to this is Japan. I have not had a single person complain that they never got a package. I think I have had two mails telling me it had not arrived but then the next day that they got the package.

I am wondering if Japan has the most reliable Mail service in the world? Or is it a cultural thing where a complaint is not made if product does not arrive.

I don't know if I should be really happy that product seems to show up there everytime or if I should wonder why I have yet to get a lost mail complaint.

The only problems I have had is translation of emails. The rest has been great.

Japanese customers, If any of you have ever had a package not arrive let me know.

Flashaholic

Default Re: Mail in Japan, Is it the most reliable on Eart

I read an article about the Japanese Post in a business journal and it described them as an inefficient organization that is constantly subsidized by the Japanese government.

And interesting fact that I learned is that they are the largest finacial bank institution in Japan and the largest insurance provider. And dealing with mail is on the bottom of the list of priorities.

Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyurl.com/8zu5t

I've also read that streets and addresses are very poorly organized compared to North America. For this reason, GPS technology is valuable in Japan. It's easy to get lost...

Very few streets in Japan have names, but on the other hand, lots of intersections have names! The cities are laid out into wards, and each ward into towns, and those towns into blocks. House numbers are assigned according to time order (as opposed to space order): the first house built on the block is #1, the second is #2, and so on. The relatively new 7 digit zip codes help to pinpoint addresses better.

The Japanese government is currently working to privatize all postal services. That includes the banking and insurance services.

Hmmmm, I wonder why everywhere else once in awhile has a misdelivery. And I get no complaints from Japan about a package not arriving. Interesting.

May be it's more due to the ease of import?

Once you give a postman a letter I'm sure it's pretty reliable to be delivered. But, when you post the letter from outside the country it has to jump (or be helped) through a number of hurdles before he gets it.

Perhaps a country more used to importing is the difference here?

I think it's the typical Japanese work ethic myself...a cultural thing.

Though the Japanese Postal Service as an organization does have problems, mail delivery is quite efficient and I have never had a problem.
    [ QUOTE ]
    I think I have had two mails telling me it had not arrived but then the next day that they got the package.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the guys must be me. That was my first transaction here on CPF. Got a little nervous [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I have never lost any packages to date, I would say around 15 packages (ordinary air mail) have been send to me from USA, Canada and UK.
    Usually arrives between 5 to 12 days, which is not bad at all.
    BTW, all my overseas transactions so far are flashlight related [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif[/img]

Sent two MicroMagMadMax+ to Japan a month ago - both made it there in 5 days, which is considered "fast" by my standards.

Flashaholic

I've got 1 package going to Japan now.
    the rest are going to the US. All are sent small packet Air. It's been 5-6 days now and to my knowledge no one has received anything. Unless they have but haven't mentioned.

Flashaholic*

I send literature and videos to folks about a product i use to sell with a company I worked for. Man, if it was sent up north east, it was guaranteed to not get to the person I addressed it to. Anywhere above MD or west as ID wouldnt get it. If they did, it was like 6 months later.