• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *SOLD* FS - Custom E head mod

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
*SOLD* FS - Custom E head mod

Hey guys,

Some of you may have seen this light posted in the Homemade and Modified Lights forum, well it's for sale.

The light consists of a modified E1e head with a custom turned body and tail switch.

The head has been bored to accept a modified McR20 reflector and the outside has been turned smooth. I also reduced the protrusion of the crenelation in the bezel ring, leaving just enough to be able to see if the light was accidentally left on with the bezel down. I did not, however, remove the anodizing from the head. This has provided for a rather unique look, from the bezel end.

As mentioned above, the body and tail switch were custom turned from T6 6061 round stock.

The tail switch houses a turned down McE2S two stage module with 10 ohms of resistance. The housing is of a flat top design and the module is captured and will not fall out when the tail cap is removed.

The finish is bare aluminum.

Here are the pics...

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

The light engine is a NexGen667/TXOJ combo. Here's a beam shot 20' from a white wall.

picture.JPG

I'm asking $225 for this light. It has a lot of work in it, and as far as I know, it's the only one that looks the way it does. The price includes the small McGizmo clip for attachment to a lanyard. The price also includes USPS Priority shipping with delivery confirmation. If you want insurance or some other method of shipping, you have to pay actual shipping.

PM with questions. If you want it, post with an "I'll take it," and PM me for payment details.

**Edit**

I forgot to mention that the body is a 1X123 configuration and the entire light is 3.2 inches long.

Thanks for looking,

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS - Custom E head mod

Guys guys,

I need to move this thing, so I dropped the price by $50. I'll leave it for a day or two, then it's off the eBay.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice light you got there XFlash. Chop does excellent work on these customs.

mut

XFlash

Enlightened

Thanks MUT,
Been watching this light when Chop started building it.
Glad to get the opp to buy it.
Xflash

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

That makes something like four of Chops customs here in OK.

mut

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

The light is packed up and will go out as soon as the P.O. opens up.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

XFlash and all others,

I build these lights every once in a while and I get the thrill out of building them, not having them. When I put a sale price on it, it's just what I think the light is worth after considering the time and materials that went into the build. If all I was worried about was money, it would have gone straight to an auction, raffle, or eBay. It's kind of important to me that the light go to someone that appreciates it.

XFlash, you said that you had your eye on this light, but you didn't say anything. Was it because of the price? I noticed that you jumped on it when the price went down. Guys, if you see something that you really like, but the price is a bit too high for your wallet, just contact me. I can be reasonable on the lights that I build from scratch. Having a person who will appreciate the light is more important to me than wringing every penny that I can out of it.