• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired **SOLD** FS - M@g Mod

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all,

I have a red 2D M@g light that I modified. I wanted this to be a light that was simple to run without the worry of battery adapters, spacers, or loose springs, so I built this to run on the stock 2 D cell battery configuration.

I used a black anodized o-sink for the sinking. It also has a TX1J emitter being driven by a NexGen converter. I biased the converter for 1A, just in case I wanted to run it on a li-ion cell or something in the future. On the standard 2 D batteries, it runs at 800mA. It's plenty bright and should give some good runtimes on alkaline cells.

I also lightly sputtered the reflector to help smooth out the beam a bit with minimal impact on throwing performance.

The pics...

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

I'm asking $105 for this light, shipped via USPS Priority mail with delivery confirmation. Insurance is extra and the buyer pays actual shipping costs for any other form of shipping.

If you want it, post with an "I'll take it," and PM me for payment details.

Thanks for looking,

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Re: FS - M@g Mod

Beam shots? Wouldn't nimh's fare better, and put out the 1A? I do see your point though. Sort of nonsense free. Just replace akalines when run down. No charging. Something you could let a neighbor borrow, and not worry about them running rechargeables too low. My son borrowed one of my nimh powered lights and I got it back with cells below .5 volts.

Bill

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS - M@g Mod

To tell you guys the truth, I don't mess with nimh cells. With lights like this, they run so long on a set of batteries that I just can't justify troubling myself with recharging the batteries.

I would imagine that nimh cells would work well in the light, but I don't know that you would get regulation at 1A.

The NexGens safe mode is designed to keep the converter from working too hard. When the current draw from the batts get to be over 1.2A or so, it drop into safe mode.

It's still plenty bright enough at 800mA and like I said, it's and idiot proof light. Besides, I had a 2D cell light that I ran 3C cells in and realized that it was the only thing I owned that needed C cells. They are just an odd ball so I wanted to stay with the D cells.

I didn't post a beam shot because it looks just like any other M@g mod. The texturing smooths the beam out some, but it's still a plastic M@g reflector. Kind of a performance at the expense of looks sort of thing.

In any case, I'll try to shoot a beam shot later on tomorrow or something.