Indium - disc shaped LED light

bj

Newly Enlightened
Came across this odd light at this site. Disc shaped anodized Al with six LED's, two brightness modes, and a strobe mode. Uses a prismatic Li-ion battery. Also has a touch-sensitive switch (no moving parts). Not thinking about getting one, just thought I'd mention it. Looks like a UFO!

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
FrenchyLED has one also. I don't know if he has posted anything about it or not though.

mut

104_com_au

If anyone from Australia is interested in purchasing an Indium, we have them available online for $AUD128 plus $AUD6.50 P&P to anywhere in Australia

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My evaluation of the Indium is now up. Go to the Reviews forum and look for my post in my thread near the top of that forum.
I can't post the link in this thread because that would be a severe CPF no-no. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, is it made of Indium =D (the metal that when alloyed will melt arouns 120 degrees, used to make trick spoons)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The Indium is made of an as-of-yet unknown metal. It feels too heavy to be aluminum, and it's not magnetic, so it isn't iron, mild steel, nickel, or cobalt either.
It is anodized inside and out - including the threads, so I cannot determine what kind of metal it is made from.
I'm pretty certain it is not made from indium - the cost of the flashlight is much too low for that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(A moment later): According to the website, it *IS* made of aluminum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif