...Got a KL3, today...

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeez, this head assembly is huge...It's still daylight, can't really judge the output, yet. The heat sink fins look cool, though...

More to come...

P.S. bought it from www.tadgear.com

--dan

D

**DONOTDELETE**

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are SHIPPING!?!?!????!???!?? Gotta call SF and order one right now then!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up.

SUREFARC

Enlightened
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

So it's a black colored one?Cool! I love the
HS fins! Pix pls!
grin.gif

snake

Enlightened
hey,hey
is KL3 really only work under 6V - 9V ?
if not , run it with 2 Nimh AA will be very nice.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup...It works on 6V and 9V lights...Just as a side note, this module is freaking big, just about eliminating it from pocket carry. The fins are also sharp and pointy...But it looks cool...

--dan

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
is it too big for pocket carry?...how did it work last night? did you use a 2 or 3 cell platform?

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
That thing is big. I ordered a black one to match my D-3. I should have it Thursday. If so, I'll try and post some pics, though my camera is a piece of cr-p.

fasteddie

Enlightened
Dano, noticed that you have an e2e with KL1 as well. How do the KL1 and KL3 compare. The KL3 had better be brighter -- if it isn't, I don't see why anyone would bother.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dano, what fasteddie said. I have two of these on order and if they aren't noticeably brighter than the KL1's, I'll be disappointed. I must have something in return for the larger size light, otherwise what's the point?

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
The two beams (KL1 and KL3) are EXACTLY the same. There is no difference, even if the KL3 is put on a 9V light.

I'm moving towards the idea that the KL3 is nothing more then a sci-fi looking toy with no real world applications, especially if the E2+KL1 combo is available...

--dan

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Here are the differences "as posted" on the Surefire website:

KL1 mounted on the following torches:

E1/E1e Runtime: 16 lumens max output for 1.5 hours, followed by 8.5 hours of moderate output, followed by over 50 hours of minimal output

E2/E2e Runtime: 17 lumens max output for 4.0 hours, followed by 11 hours of moderate output, followed by over 50 hours of minimal output.

KL3 mounted on the following torches:

6P, D2, Z2, C2, M2 Runtime: 19 lumens max output for 4.25 hours, followed by 4.75 hours of moderate output, followed by over 50 hours of minimum output

D3, Z3, C3 Runtime: 19.5 lumens max output for 7 hours, followed by 8 hours of moderate output, followed by over 50 hours of minimum output.