• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: *SOLD* a special TigerLight Upgrade kit *SOLD*

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
*SOLD*

Those people who have read the original TigerLight Upgrade Thread know that we started out using the StreamLight 35X Lamp Assembly with a 6 cell KAN 1800 pack. The 35X LA has a dreamy beam with a nice smoothness and flood due to its satin finish reflector, but the cost is that it does not have as good a throw as, say, a Tiger11. Unfortunately, the 35X LA is VERY touchy on 6 KAN 1800's and we abandoned this option due to too many cases of 35X's instaflashing.

At one point, however, I did check out a different battery option: the Sanyo 2150 mAh 4/5AU's. They are actually MORE expensive than the KAN's. They are not high-rate cells and don't hold their voltage as well at 3.5 amps. The plateau of the curve at these current draws is 6.8 volts as compared to 7.0 or better with the KAN's.

But most importantly their fresh, hot-off-the-charger voltage is significantly lower and the result is that the Sanyos together with the SL 35X LA make a good combination and in my experience the 35X LA is unlikely to insta-flash on the Sanyo pack. Very bright, but not quite as bright as a Tiger11, with lots of flood but significantly less throw.

I only made one Sanyo pack and I am now posting it for sale along with a SL 35X LA which has been modded to fit the TL. The LA has a couple test runs on it, but definitely less than 2 hours of use.

This combination runs for 33+ minutes and puts out around 450-500 lumens according to my best guess. It is best for wide and even illumination tasks.

Cost is $60 shipped in CONUS via USPS priority mail. If you are looking for a bargain price on one of my TL mods, this is it, and it is a one time offer. I will not make any more Sanyo packs, nor buy and mod any more SL 35X LA's (it's a real pain).

I accept check or money orders or PayPal. Please add $2 for any type of PP payment. PM or email with questions or to get my mailing address: [email protected] (this is also my PP address).

I will ship internationally or via a different method as long as the buyer picks up the extra cost.

Thanks for looking.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Re: FS: a special TigerLight Upgrade kit

Hello Jim,

I'll take it.

I just love the beam from the 35X lamp assembly.

Tom

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: a special TigerLight Upgrade kit

OK, Tom! Sold. Wow! That was fast! Sold in three minutes.