Advancedmart International Query Response Times?

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
I'm wanting to purchase some flashlights from Advancedmart. But international/overseas orders have to be placed via an enquiry form, and Advancedmart are supposed to email a response with shipping charges.
It has now been two days since my enquiry, and I have yet to receive a response. I appreciate that they may be busy at this time of year (just after Xmas hoidays). However, I would like an idea of typical response times for international order queries, before I consider sending a follow up email (if necessary).
So, can anyone give me an idea of Advancedmart response times to international order enquiries please?
Thanks!

A

Advancedmart

Actually I just answered a bunch of them. Many of the international contacts do not end up ordering anything, and tend to be very time consuming. Please understand that for these reasons, they tend to have lower priority. I must give priority to current known orders over, international order type, and other type questions etc. I usually take payments though www.Ikobo.com, mention that you already have any Ikobo account, and that will move you much higher on the priority list.

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
Re: Advancedmart International Query Response Time

Thanks for clearing this up! And I just received your response thank you!

I suspect that one reason international customers do not proceed with orders is that payments through Ikobo appear to incur <font color="orange">addtional charges</font>. Since most people would want to minimize costs, the additional charges may be too much for some to handle.
Admittedly, I am not entirely happy with these extra charges either. However, for my (pre-)order, I will most definitely send the order through this time.
As for future orders, that will depend on circumstances at the time.
Thanks and regards!

A

Advancedmart

I wish there was a safer way for me to accept overseas cards. But as it stands, this seems to be the best. If someone has a better idea. I'm willing to listen.

My regular credit card processing company has told be that if there are bad credit charges from outside the country, They are my loss, they will also charge me a large fee, and if I get more than a few, they will kill my service. Paypal last time I checked, also does not offer much protection in these cases.

wojtek_pl

Enlightened

Well, I'm happy. Got a response next day (suprise ! ) and got ordered flashlight within a week exactly ! Great service !