Crunch Time! (the House)

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

It's down to this. We went and saw a friend of a friend mortgage broker today. He has a banker who says he'll take it.

We were led to believe (and have in the bank ready) that we would put 10% down plus closing. This deal requires 15% down which puts the down and closing near 27K...

To get the last 10K we must borrow it from a friend of Sisters, which will (God letting us) get payed back when Dads house sells.

I'm all for getting the place at 17K down. I have serious doubts about borrowing money from a friend!!!

We like the place, although we have become tired of the run around and turned downs so far. We feel like God doesn't really want us to live there.

I am conficted SERIOUSLY!!!

What would YOU do?

We go talk to the banker on Saturday.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
One thing to think about if you are having such a hard time getting financing because it's considered a doublewide, are you sure you're going to be there for a good many number of years, meaning would you have a hard time selling it if need be?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
It's REALLY nice... and solid.

The one owner is an ex Airfoce Officer who seems to be quite Anal. The place does look like we will live there for a loooooong time.

Sister said she had an "epiphany" (sp?) and we are doing the deal.

So if no further trouble at the bank, we will live there.

It really is nice...

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Congrats, Playboy! I know you're mind's spinning with house thoughts. We'll forgive you if flashlights are neglected. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Geoff

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
COngrats and good luck! We just closed on our townhouse, and need to do some serious work on it. I just tell myself that I have to keep the goal in mind and when all the crap is through, it'll all be good!

daloosh

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Unfortunately, the lights I'm most interested in right now are in storage and I can't see that container from where I can stand...

Also that container has my Carley 812 Adapters in it, so when the MC Battery Stick arrives I am still screwed.

The house and property are REALLY nice and look VERY well taken care of! Sister doesn't like the wall colors or the carpet much, but both are in EXCELLENT condition!

We'll be getting up and leaving MUCH earlier on a Saturday than I am used to for the Bank which is pretty far up in Spring,TX.

I guess wishes would be welcome, as we ARE ready to do the deal...

skillet

Enlightened
I know I'm new around here and all.. Don't even know anyones story.. but if I felt like the Lord didn't want me to have a certain house, situations kept arising to even more convince me of that.. I would live there if it were free... Much better to be in God's perfect will than his permissive will. We are free morale agent to make decisions... Good or Bad..

G Berry

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
PBJS (no, not a Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich)
Hey Man, good luck. IIRC, this property is two acres or so? It it's in a rural area, what a cool place for a flashoholic to live. I'm on an acre and I really like it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sold.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Banker looked us over, asked a few questions, had me sign several docs....

Sister asked "I'm usually very optimistic, but this has messed me up. What can go wrong?"

He said "I've approved the Loan. Only the Lawyer can mess it up and only if there is a problem with the title."

So we have gone from a 5-10% chance up to 85-90%.

I ain't about to go goofy about it until we actual close.. but it's looking better and better...