123 battery drainer

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll leave the rest to recommend the standard-issue CPF battery eating light, but my approach is to throw two cells into a Luxeon 1 Q4H lantern on direct drive. Two FRESH CR123s will blow the lantern into the next reality, but I don't go there. However, once an E2e/6P is done with the two cells, the lantern does 400mA, rapidly falling off. You can build one of these easily with a Luxeon 1 and a holder for two CR123s.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
My problem with the X5T is that I tend to wear out one battery before the other. I got an LED Splashlite from Battery Station for like $20, and it'll kill off a 123 cell nicely. .

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed on the Tektite Splashlite Led, at about 2.2V, it was still putting out a beam comparable to an Arc AAA. Else there's also the MilkyCandle... but the thread that GreenLed pointed out covers a lot of these lights already...

AlecGold

Enlightened
I use the half-up batteries of my U2 in my E1e+KL1. That's just there fore reading, nighty things, small edc when I'm in a suit (far to often, but a desent dressed flashaholic has a nice flashlight with him).

Before the U2 I used the batteries of my A2, But the U2 is performing so good, I'm even considering to give away/sell my A2, it's hard, but I'm hardly using it since the U2 got stuck in my pants. :p

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alec, the KL1 does a decent enough job draining the 123 cells, but i have had a few batteries that were too weak to power my KL1 or even my Arc LSL, but they still work in my Splashlite Led... These are direct drive lights, so they will suck the batteries dry... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kodiak

Enlightened
Is there a thread on a Luxeon 1 Q4H lantern? I can't find one. I have been looking for a lantern to drain my 123's. I would be willing to make one.