Arc LS question(s)...

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've saved my pennies, and I've decided that I want an Arc LS. Before I take the plunge, I've got a couple questions for my more knowledgeable fellow CPFers. 1) Can somebody point me in the direction of a reputable sight to buy one? 2) How does run-time and brightness compare between the 1X123 and the 2XAA battery packs?

I was considering getting an E1e and a KL1, but I already have an E2GM, and in all honesty I prefer my SF to be the best EDC "incandescent" that it already is...that's what I bought it for. So even though the KL1 is regulated, I REALLY want an Arc LS...I've been LUSTING after the LS since I joined CPF back in March!!!

Thanx in advance for any responses...

PJD

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
You need to decide what's important to you first. Don't discount the KL-1 on either the E1x or E2x series. The KL-1 has some advantages over the LS, just as the LS has advantages over the Kl-1. If small size is most important, the LS is the hands down winner. If brighness and runtime is the most important, the Kl-1 + E2x combo is the best.

The thing I like about the Kl-1 + E2x configuration is that is gives you the most configurations for your money. You have the stock E2E with either MN02 or MN03 output (25 and 60 lumens), plus the Kl1 head that you can throw on there for closer task-like work, with a good 4.5 hours of constant bright light.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look in the Arc Flashlight forum. Tons of info there.

Looks like 2 - 2.5 hours on 1 x 123 and 5 - 6 hours bright light from 2 Lithium AAs on the current version.

I have 2 Arc LSes: white second and Cyan first, both are rev1 circuit and last longer (a bit).

sld

Newly Enlightened
I'll second the recomendation on pocketlights.com. I ordered a LS1 and 2AA pack from them. Very prompt service and quite pleasent to deal with.

PeterM

Newly Enlightened
The ARC website is having a sale on "seconds" for $49. or so. They are the 400ma models, 7 day "satisfaction" guarantee. New Rev 2 circuit. 123 pack