U2 tactical weapons light

cy

Flashaholic
U2 tactical weapons light

combine U2 head with Surefire Model 308R tactical light & R123 li-ion. This is what you get...

u2 weapons.JPG

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome... and I'm quite sure level 6 will give you enough light to ID whatever you are pointing at. If they can do it with the X200, they can do it with the U2.

cy

Flashaholic
I've never played with a X200, but if it's a 3watt. U2 would put out way more lumens.

with R123, U2 is pretty much full brightness with less runtime of course.

Size15's

Flashaholic
DSC02907.JPG

Here is a U2 Lamp Module (aka U2 Bezel) on a Millennium Universal WeaponLight. The U2 Lamp Module can be interchanged with many of SureFire's WeaponLights.

Al

cy

Flashaholic
Al, nice pic

odd's are PK designed shock resistance into U2

no way it's by accident, U2 is fitting surefire weapons lights mount. spacing for 123 is perfect, a no mod drop-in for U2

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
GR said:
Is the U2 bezel shock isolated?

[/ QUOTE ]
Since the U2 uses an Luxeon LED, there is no reason for it to be shock isolated since LEDs are already impervious to impact.

luxlover

Banned
Why would a U2 need "shock resistance" if it uses a Luxeon emitter as a light source? What if anything am I missing in my reasoning?

By what you stated cy, it certainly looks like the U2 is weaponlight capable. I can't understand why SF designed an X200 with a 60 lumen output Luxeon V emitter as a weaponlight, and I hear so much chatter about how only incandescent light sources can be used on weaponlights? Is the X200 capable, or is it not? If it is, and 60 lumens is enough to do the job, then why are there not more weaponlights being developed with Luxeon V emitters? Out there in Luxeonland, there are a decent number of lights available with anywhere from 60 to 100 lumens. Certainly, somebody somewhere can put Luxeon emitters to good use for our troops! Again, what if anything am I missing in my reasoning?

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire's LED bezels are designed to be used as WeaponLights.
Shock Isolation is not required because Shock Isolation does two main things:

Protects the tiny coil of wire inside a highly pressurised thin glass envelope from being slammed and shocked, not least by the batteries moving against the lamp assembly due to the recoil and hard life that being weapon-mounted involves.

Protects the batteries from moving inside the body from being slammed shocked due to the recoil and hard life that being weapon-mounted involves.

WeaponLights isolate and retain the batteries and isolate the lamp assembly.

LED's do not need this type of shock protection.

The X200A uses a LuxeonIII. It handles being a WeaponLight with ease.

There are several disadvantages to using white light LEDs as Weaponlights - they can't be filtered to output IR light for use with Night Vision. They tend to get washed out more easily if the is ambient light. They are not that "powerful" outdoors. Their output is still quite low and they are difficult to use to create intense beams from compact bezels. They also require electronics to run them and this increases size and weight.

Al