Letting a light go

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
cpfspoof.png

Can someone point me in the appropriate direction... this needs to be in the "Financial Problems" section.

I'm hopelessly overcommitted. Too many projects on the burner. I'm going to have to let some lights go, and picking which of them is breaking my heart /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

You know the story. You need funds, so you have to let some lights go, and when you look at them, play with them for the last time, it's like - no, I can't do it. I can't put this one up on B/S/T. What if I need it again in future? What if I can never get anything like it ever again? And yet I have to. We want it all, but that's not going to happen.

I suppose the only comfort I can get is that at least the light will move on to a good home where it will be used. But it is SO HARD to pick which one to get go. I'm depressed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Sell the good lights and keep those with a sentimental value, even if they are less performant.
Because the good lights will be old technology soon, too, but the important lights will remain emotional pieces.
bernhard

cy

Flashaholic
Thanks Kiessling for your advise.

I've got too many Xbins and need to sell one. just can't decide which one to let go.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cy said:
Thanks Kiessling for your advise.

I've got too many Xbins and need to sell one. just can't decide which one to let go.

[/ QUOTE ]
cy I saw this post and thought about you and your lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mut

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kevin, I felt exactly the same way but finally decided to sell my best ones since I was afraid of using them anyway and kept the ones that I could use. Worse of all, I don't miss them all that much now.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
At least you know if you sell them to someone on here, they'll know your situation and they'd probably be willing to spend a little more to help you out. Plus, they'd be going to a good home. .

chrisse242

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Kiessling said:
Sell the good lights and keep those with a sentimental value, even if they are less performant.
Because the good lights will be old technology soon, too, but the important lights will remain emotional pieces.
bernhard

[/ QUOTE ]

Best advice ever...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Chrisse

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I have had to sell most of my lights and am down to just a few that I use the most often. As hard as it is to let go of any of them, sometimes we must take care of more important things.
The hardest thing is to see a light that you would love to have but know you cannot buy it. Like a kid who wants a toy really bad and it is always being advertised on TV.
I am thankful for the ones I have been able to keep though.

paulr

Flashaholic
There's some lights I'm attached to and would not sell. There's others, including some fairly expensive ones, that I got kicks from for a while but am not that crazy about any more. I still find it hard to sell them, but after they're gone I generally don't miss them too much.

Worst of all is lights I bought to give away to people, and ended up keeping for myself. I have about ten small Princeton Tec lights in this category, still in their packaging. The low cost and popularity of the $1.00 LED keychain lights make it hard to give away anything else.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, if there was a section called counseling then I'm sure it would receive a lot of posts here on CPF. Sasha are you listening? Great editing job!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Kiessling said:
bernhard

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really good advice. For example there are certain lights which are not eligible for resale, at all. The light that brought me to CPF is certainly worth far more to me than its $$ value. That's the E1e+KL1. It may get upgraded, but it stays right here.

[ QUOTE ]
LifeNRA said:
I have had to sell most of my lights and am down to just a few that I use the most often. As hard as it is to let go of any of them, sometimes we must take care of more important things.
The hardest thing is to see a light that you would love to have but know you cannot buy it. Like a kid who wants a toy really bad and it is always being advertised on TV.
I am thankful for the ones I have been able to keep though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch... and I thought my situation was bad. Compared to what you must be going through (I'm aware of it from other threads) mine probably doesn't even qualify as a problem. I really hope that things improve for you and that some day soon, you'll be able to get your hands on the light that you want.

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
with me, i have one light that is a keeper, and three that i would be VERY reluctant to let go of, but i would let go of if i ABSOLOUTELY had to.

Keeper: my McGiz KL1-Aleph - not as much grunt as some, but it was my first good light........
Reluctants: my Xmas Freebie lights and YCLO Lux photon. to me they are the markers that say: neg, ya made it this far, ya can make it for much longer!

i also have a Book Owl KLIP - mini book light
and the S..... hang on, just look at my sig!

'nuff said.

neg

cy

Flashaholic
the problem with high end lights is ...

you get to thinking they're all keepers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

need to sell more lights!!!

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Thanks for the kind words KevinL. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif