Goy my Arc LS today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
...and all I can say is WOW!!!I ordered direct from Arc Flashlight, so I paid full price, but IMHO it was worth every penny! I ordered it yesterday on line at around 1:30 PM CST, and it came today at 1:10 PM...Thanx for the GREAT service, Arc! My impressions...

First of all, this appears to me to be as much a work of art as it is a flashlight. It's absolutely beautiful, and the craftsmanship is superb! I ordered a first, 'cause I figured if I was gonna drop a lot of money on a flashlight, I wanted to have Arc's best...LS1 #3019. I haven't ordered the 2XAA battery pack yet; I'll do that before I go to bed tonight
grin.gif
! The beam of this little beauty is flawless. It's perfectly smooth, and the hotspot is centered smack-dab in the middle of the surrounding light. I compared it to the closest thing I have as far as output, my Inova X5. At first glance, the two lights seemed to be relatively close in total output, but a closer look showed the Arc to have a hotspot that appeared to my eyes to be almost 50% brighter than the X5! Nothing against the X5...I really like it too. But as far as size to light ratio is concerned, the Arc LS wins hands down...no contest!!! I am completely satisfied with this little powerhouse. It's everything I'd hoped it would be, and then some! My hat is off to Peter Gransee and his crew at Arc Flashlight. This is an absolutely flawless product, and IMHO, with Arc you DEFINITELY get what you pay for!

PJD

...one question: Can anybody tell me if there is a significant increase in output with the 2XAA battery pack as opposed to the 1X123 battery pack?

MicroE

Enlightened
PJD---Yup. I know the feeling. I got my LS two weeks ago and it is truly a work of art. A beautiful design to behold.
I bought the 123 and 2xAA holders but I haven't used the 2xAA. The 123 form is so small and long-lasting that I haven't felt the need to add the extra length of the 2xAA holder.
The light output did not change noticeably with the 2xAA, but it will, no doubt, run longer. The 2xAA offers you the option of using less expensive AA batteries. This will decrease your cost per hour to run the light.---Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.