Can you help me find this LED flashlight?

FaithinGod

Newly Enlightened
Dear CandlePower Forum Members;

I am most grateful to all of you for this immensely helpful forum and to each of you who may be able to help me find a LED flashlight with these specifications:

-one AA battery powered
-will accept rechargable batteries (and lithium if possible)
-"fully regulated" (i.e. same brightness output for the battery life duration)
-4 hour battery life (close to it, or more is ok)
-very good "throw" with a tightly focused beam, with brightness sufficient to easily read something like a non-backlit digital clock from 20 feet (or more) (in the dark of course).
-easily turned on and off with one hand
-.75 inches (approx) dia.
-4.0 inches length, (or less)
-water proof, (or close to it)
-highly reliable and durable
-metal body
-lanyard attachment

Thank you for all the help you can offer.

Most Sincerely,

FaithinGod

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Inova X1?? Maybe?? I don't know what the run time is on an Inova X1, but it is a mini-spotlight.

Blades

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
Few stock single AA lights are going to meet those requirements.

You may have to consider a mod.

Look into:

Inova X1 (decent throw) (Reviews here and here)
Gerber (formerly CMG) Infinity Ultra (more of a flood beam, but excellent durability) (Review here)

Peak LED Solutions is going to release their Luxeon flashlight line soon. You might want to wait and see what they've got to offer. Some of the posts in the Peak thread in the Manufacturers' Corner forum indicate they're working on some sort of optic for their Luxeon lights, which would presumably improve throw.

LED_ASAP has done excellent work transplanting Luxeons into Arc AAAs. He's reported modding an Inova X1.

LED_ASAP's Super X1 mod

If you don't mind something exotic, try a Micro-Mag body with a Lambda drop-in Lux3 pill or Sandwich Shoppe sandwich, powered by a li-ion AA.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking andrewwynn's Peak Mod might meet your needs but I think it's uses AAA so it might be smaller. His nanolight will have variable output, worth a look. Just realized you want regulated. hmmm... I'll be interested in the comments upcoming. All I can think of is you might want to look into one of haveblue's modded MicroMag's.