Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No more, thanks.

• More colors would be great.

• Total voters

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
This poll is to determine which version of the Inova X1 is most popular. If you own more than one, somehow you must choose. If you don't own one, vote anyway to indicate your preference. Please post something you like about this great light.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Inova X1 poll

Guess I was the first one to vote. Actually I've just sold mine. The X1 is the perfect size, finish, great simple sheath that allows for heads down carry and easy grab. Also a plus to use a single AA cell. It was my EDC light for awhile.

The problem is simple, no spill. It could also benefit from the clickie setup of the T1, and maybe a 1W Luxeon Star. Those improvements would make it the perfect EDC for me.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast

More output would be exceptionally good with the same beam type and with the addition of an amber LED.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

I own two, one white, one UV. Both bodies are black. I also used to own a silver-bodied white LED X1 but it got misplaced along with my Surge.

I might buy a cyan X1 but would be more interested in a brighter X1 either with the standard super spot beam or one with a bit wider beam. I think the X1 is about the very best form factor for a 'larger than keychain' EDC.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm the guy with 5 or more. When I first bought my X1 I was stoked. It is the perfect compliment to an infinity ultra. It appears brighter because the beam is so focused. I bought some more when the price was right; some I gave as gifts. Then I bought a green one and it is bright! Since I don't use it for reading I realized that I didn't need the white led. Now I like carrying the green one because people don't expect to see it. It seems so unusual compared to a ma6.

Obviously this light could be more powerful, but for the price you get a great mini spotlight.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

an 8mm 4die ISP LED would be great in these lights. I wonder if it would focus with the stock optics..

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

I like my colored x1s the best. The price is so good you can get the whole set. Not something to miss out on.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast

I used to have a blue X1 but I gave it to a friend for his birthday since it was his favorite of my lights (and I have a few to spare /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif). It was really cool in fog and made certain things glow but didn't have much of a "practical" application (I've got plenty of fun lights already). Not to be without an X1, I bought a used white in B/S/T. While I don't regret buying it, I figured a white version would get more use, but it really doesn't due to the pencil beam. I like the perfectly round spotlight it projects but by the time the spot is big enough to illuminate a useful area, you must be quite far away from what is illuminated. I would love to see a version of this light that projects the same type of even spilless spot but at twice the diameter for the distance. Such a light would be great to read by as it would illuminate all of a book (without an annoying blue hotspot) but not spill light anywhere else and attract attention.

Aloft

Enlightened

I wish they were making them in RED. . . I would jump on it. Seems odd, since virtually every other manufacturer offers a red LED in their equivalent flashlights.

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am

Although I don't have any X1's yet, my preference would be for the green LED (brighter, better throw).

I think there was a red LED X1 that was available some time ago (when the X1's first came out, maybe?). But subsequently the red LED had been discontinued? Pity, since I like red also (good for night work).

I find it a bit strange also that Inova X5 series has a red LED available, but not (now) for the X1 series!?

Dr_Joe

Enlightened

I bought a few when they first came out, and subsequently gave all but one away as gifts.

As previously mentioned, great size, nicely made, convenient battery, but just not enough output / coupled with that tight spot, to be practical for anything but very close work.

By the time you're far enough away from something for the spot to be large enough, you don't have enough power to illuminate it !

jtice

Flashaholic

the beam is completely useless to me.
I modded mine to an 8mm led direct drive on a 14500 cell, muuuuch better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wouldnt minda a couple more If i found them cheap to mod also.

Inova X1 8mm Mod
Inova X1 8mm Beamshot

Stock, its alot of throw for a 5mm led, but its jsut not a useful beam

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's not blindingly bright, but it's not supposed to be. For the right application it's just right. Just like the infinity, it's most useful in total darkness.

j- I checked out your 8mm mod. Cool work, man. I guess you had to machine your own bezel parts, must have been some work. Can't wait to see your next mod.

jtice

Flashaholic

I couldnt stand it, i had to mad it.
I really like Inova lights, they are really well made, and look great.
The X1 form factor was great, I just hated the beam for practical use.

Yes, I machined a new head for the X1, nothing real special, just make a new "reflector" head portion, and used the stock contacts on the back of it.

jake359

Newly Enlightened

I have 2, a White and a UV, both Silver Anodized.
In the "Discovery Channel" store at the local mall, I've seen some new anodize colors, orange, red...
I too would wish for a bit more brightness...but that's a T1 I guess,,,

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

I checked the discovery channel online and saw the new red x1. I was hoping for different color leds, though. I suppose you could swap out a blue led for the blue housing if you were a serious blue freak.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

jtice,

Could you make the X1/8mm led mod work on the stock circuit so it could run on normal AAs? If so, how many X1s would I have to give you to get you to mod two for me with those 8mm leds??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

Danny