Anyone own a Lightforce?

PayBack

Enlightened
Hi,

Has anyone here used a lightforce? They say their top of the line model (with a huge reflector and 100w bulb) only puts out 1 million CP, but it's definitely up with the 10 mill Thor (which I know isn't 10, but I thought it would be more than 1 million CP).

Anyway I'm looking at getting one, and wondered how they stack up (assuming someone here has one).

Cheers,

PB.

paulr

Flashaholic
Yeah, Sway has a Blitz 240 that he modded with a 50 watt HID system. It's awesome.

oklalawman

Enlightened
I have one they are the longest throw spot I have ever seen. That is what they are fantastic at.

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, I have two SL240's one stock Halogen and the other modified to HID. They are a little high $$$ but if you need a throw light I haven't found anything better "yet" off the shelf for the price. They are light weight and very durable plus you can focus the beam from spot to flood at any time just by turning the reflector to suit your needs.

Later
Kelly

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya, I think Sway's was $119. I think that is how much was stated on the website where he got his. If you need the link, it's waaaaaaaaaayyy back on the first "Lightforce 240 Blitz HID Mod" page (or something like that.)

oklalawman

Enlightened
Yes you can change the focus on all the lightforce lights( non hid). From a pencil beam to a flood. I own a 240 and a smaller one and they both do.