Just join the mini-hid club

Kiu

Enlightened
Unfortunately, I have missed out the GB of mini-HID held by ufokillerz. So, I try to mod this myself.
After over 10 hrs of works, the mod has finished and I can feel the happiness of all the owners of mini-hid.
The workmanship of this self-modded minihid certainly can't compare with those made by Silver Legacy. But I already very enjoy it. Also after making of this, I agreed that the mini-hid(made by Silver Legacy) is pretty well worth for even $300. And I know why the recent thread of Mag2Hid and MiniHid's can be sold out within the 2 hours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif
Here's mine:
More photo here
mini-hid13.jpg

**edited** forgot to thanks for Gregw selling his smooth PMR to me which seems very difficult to find one now

Kiu

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Kiu,
I thought you were in the GB humm...
Maybe this is your 2nd ... 3rd MiniHID /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Anyway, welcome brother to the Mini-HID club.
"limited" membership (<100)

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice job! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I think we need to get together to compare our MiniHIDs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Cool mod!! Not to mention other creations on your page too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kiu, in your pictures I notice that you have the NiteIze hold on your miniHID. Is that the 2D size or did you have to do something special to it to get it to fit on the short body of the miniHID?

Thanks.

Curtis

Krit

Enlightened
I realy want to mod MAG HID or want to get it one. But I don't know where to buy the part.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, 10 hours? That looks like a lot more than 10 hours of work that you've invested in a very beautiful light. Sadly, I don't have access to the machine tools to do it, so I went to buy one... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kiu

Enlightened
Thanks all~

Once the mag D is cut down to the correct length & fit the ballast, all the other works require hand power machine only. In fact, the tailcap can be done like Silver Legacy (just drill a hole at the end of tailcap). I just can't find some good epoxy and conductive epoxy, so I make threads on the tailcap to hold those fibre boards.

localguy808, Krit,
All the parts reaquired are some brass rod (I am planning to make another better holder with some good copper tube later), double/sigle side silver coated fibre board, spring and clickie switch. I get them from a local metal tools shop.

The battery holder is made like the FM 8AA unregulated holder. Make some scatch on the coating of fibre board to isolated the conductivity between +/-. And use the solder to hold all things in position.
I guess some 6AA to 2D or 4AA to D holder can aslo be modded by this simply method. It require hand drill only and can be very cheap.

Curtis,
I cut the original D size NiteIze Gripper in correct length. Just remember to knit the end abit with needle. I feel this make the mini-hid easiler to handle. You should have a try /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
niteize.JPG