have ya ever seen a ghost or ufo do ya belive in

raggie33

*the raggedier*
have ya ever seen a ghost or ufo do ya belive in em?i did seee ufo me and my sister when i was young .and i dont bleive in ufos.but belive in ghost.i always ask sis if she recallls seeing ufo she always says yes.and ps her brain is normal lol

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Re: have ya ever seen a ghost or ufo do ya belive

My Dad told me of a UFO he saw once. He told me once and never has again. He doesn't really like to talk about it...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes I believe in ghosts. I believe in angels and demons. And I have also seen them and experienced their presence.

I also believe in haunted houses, since I have stayed in one more than once. The second time I went there I took a friend (but I had never said anything to anyone about my previous experience). He came down the hallway very pale and said "I'm never going in that room again."

I'm not so sure about UFOs though. They are probably military aircraft, Venus or some other thing like that. Of course never having seen any I won't presume to be right on that count.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have never seen or heard a ghost. But every now and then, especially if I am tired, and if there is a white noise source around, I can hear music.

They say that Mozart heard completed symphonies. What I hear is kind of monotonous. He he. But it is music -- sometimes singing & sometimes an orchestra. It's clear to me that I'm manufacturing this from some place in my head because I can bend the tunes around the way I want. It's not very good music, but it's the best I can do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

UFOs? Not the alien kind. I figure they're flashaholic angels with superbright Mag mods.

Paul

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

Nothing on this earth is infinite...

Yet we are to belive that space goes on forever....

I am an almost non-practicing Catholic, so I gotta believe in creation.....

That said, if space is indeed infinite, there HAS to be some form of life out there SOMEWHERE.

It really "F"s with my head!

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

several days after my grandfather died, i was in our basement folding clothes, and i heard him say my name...loud and clear.

now, i am a man of science, so perhaps there is some explanation to this (a sound mistaken for voice, hallucination, etc), but it didnt matter.

i think i passed Maurice Greene running up the stairs!

Bob

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

I believe in both. I never have actually seen a UFO but I do believe there is such thing.

I do have a ghost story though that happened to me and I am NOT making any of this up. I was about 5-6 years old and I was taking a shower in my upstairs bathroom. I was taking a shower like normal. I just rinsed my hair of soap and the shampoo bottle began to pop (like when the bottle is condensed (like you squeeze it so it isn't in its normal shape) and it pops back to normal size/shape due to heat expanding air in the bottle to make the bottle push out its sides.). It popped once.......normal, then it popped again, untill it got to the point where for 15 seconds it would not stop popping in and out. Of course, this scared me and I started yelling and screaming. Just a couple seconds after that my dad came to the door and tried to get into the bathroom. But, he couldn't. Why? Beacause it was locked. At this point you are wondering what that has to do with anything, it is normal for someone to lock the door while in the shower. The problem is.....it was a safety lock on that door that was placed well above my reach. No matter how hard I could have reached for that lock, I couldnt have closed it. Yet somehow, it was locked from the inside. Do any of you have an answer for this??? My dad finaly broke the lock off the door and got me. He didn't believe me about any of it, though. So, I went up to the bathroom and showed him that even if I jumped, the lock was at least 4 inches above my fingers. There was no chair or anything in that bathroom that I could have moved to stand on. My dad just told me not to talk about it and he went downstairs. I would not go in that bathroom for a year (at least) after that incident. Even now when I go in there, I still get an erie feeling.

So yes, I do believe in ghosts.

LightChucker

Enlightened
I have seen two UFOs, but no ghosts.

UFO #1: I was about 8-years-old living in Kansas City, Kansas. I lived in an apartment complex. My room was on the second floor overlooking an empty play area. It was dark, and I was looking at the stars from my window. Suddenly, there was a huge, bright light that passed rapidly over the play area, going from my left to right and heading directly at another building. It looked to be about as big as a small house and only 30 feet away from my window. It was so fast that the whole event was over in less than a second. Even so, I was able to fear that the object was going to hit the other building. Instead, it seemed to disintegrate or disappear. There was no sound and no heat.

The next morning, I ran out to the area where it had disintegrated looking for any kind of evidence that it had been there - looking for dust particles, debris, etc. There was nothing there. Even the cars that were still parked there were clean. At the time, I had thought it had been a meteor that had disintegrated just before hitting the building. But, if it had been a meteor there would have been sound, heat, and debris, but there was none.

UFO #2: I had my own family by then (about 1975), and I owned a home in Independence, Missouri. There was a loud BANG that shook the house! Thinking there had been an explosion, I jumped up to go outside to look for smoke, but there was none. Other neighbors were outside looking too. I went back inside.

A few minutes later, as it was starting to turn dark, I went back outside again looking for smoke - still nothing. However, I did notice what I thought was an unusually bright star. I picked up my binoculars to see it more clearly. I could see two stars – not one. I immediately concluded that it was just the headlamps of an airplane. They were coming in my direction. The plane was going very slowly. For some reason, it seemed odd to me.

It was going too slow for an airplane. I watched it for about 15 minutes - long enough for it to have passed me, but it was still there. Time past, and by then it was completely dark. I could even see the stars. After coming toward me for about 20 minutes, it slowly turned to my right. It was about a mile away from me now, and I could only see a single headlamp washed across the fuselage. The surface was smooth, and there were no markings to read. There was only a single flashing navigation light on the top of the fuselage. Still, there was no sound. I thought that if it were any kind of normal aircraft it would be making some kind of noise. I considered helicopters, props, jets, hot-air balloons, helium balloons, ultra-lights, but nothing fit what I was seeing.

As it continued off to my right over the city, into the dark sky, the image was dominated by two enormously bright, glowing, red lights on the rear of the craft – as if they were the exhausts of two huge jet engines. Each light appeared to be about 16 feet in diameter – much too big for a jet engine. There was no flame as you might expect to see from a jet, and again, there was NO SOUND. From the time I first heard the explosion to when the craft disappeared over the horizon was at least 45 minutes. It was definitely unidentified and it was flying, but I have never seen anything like it since.

Oh, by the way, the next day, in the news, there was a story about a meteor that had entered the atmosphere over the Midwest, and it had caused a sonic boom. So, I guess the explosion could have come from the meteor. I don't know if the UFO was related to it or not.

Ghosts, you ask? - No, no ghosts.

Chuck

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
I dont believe in any of 'those' things anymore (used to when I was younger).
Nowadays I need PROOF, real proof, not a video or picture.. no I need to be there, fully sober and experience it.

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Guys,

Remember, a UFO is simply an unidentified flying object. It doesn't necessarily mean it's an alien craft..just unidentified.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast

In that case I definitely believe in UFOs! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

Never seen either, but I do feel that ETs could exist. I have more trouble believing the possibility of ghosts. It's tough for me to ignore certain physical constants which would make it difficult for ghosts. Of course, for ETs to exist I suppose some laws might have to be bent, too.

Geoff

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
tiktok 22 said:
Hey Guys,

Remember, a UFO is simply an unidentified flying object. It doesn't necessarily mean it's an alien craft..just unidentified.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, yes, yes. But would you start a thread about ghosts and planes you don't recognize together?

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've seen a long lived meteor bounce off 3 separate layers in the atmosphere. The whole group of us watched it, about 6 people, amazing.

Course, it COULD have been a piloted craft /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif But we're pretty sure it wasn't as they would have been goo on the side of the cabin at the speed it was probably going.

but then there was this other time when I was out wandering in the woods and I saw something take off and go straight up just one hill over. Was bright enough to burn a trail heading up on my retina. Or it might have just been a lightening bug an inch away from my eye, but I swear it seemed like something a long way away and moving really fast. but silently, and it was the same color as a lightening bug... Didn't stop it from freaking me out at the time though.

I definitely believe in ET's, I just don't believe there are any close enough to visit us and that they are secretly doing weird stuff to us...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

theres a lot of information out there, and there are things that happen that not even the most sceptical of peoples can deny.
as to the explanation, that's debatable.

i believe that there are entities other than us, who have their own intentions and motives for doing the things they do. i also believe that some of the things we consider "supernatural" are nothing more than "natural" occurances that we don't have the mental capacity to understand or reproduce.

as to "ufos" and "ghosts", no, i don't believe in either term.
i believe in the occurances, but i don't accept the common explanations of what they are. i don't believe that ghosts are dead people who haven't crossed over, and i don't believe that "aliens" are an otherworldly species that's either intent on helping us or destroying us (directly at least).

as to what i really do believe, i'll keep that to myself, because i'm sure most of you think i'm crazy enough as it is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

I believe that just because we can't detect something with our current level of instrumentation doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. In other words, just because we can't disprove the existence of beings in other dimensions or energy levels doesn't mean they don't exist. Same with the solar system - just becayuse SETI hasn't received anything yet doesn't mean that we're alone in the universe. Heck, after seeing how people treat each other here, maybe they're deliberately staying the hell away from us! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:

as to "ufos" and "ghosts", no, i don't believe in either term.
i believe in the occurances, but i don't accept the common explanations of what they are. i don't believe that ghosts are dead people who haven't crossed over, and i don't believe that "aliens" are an otherworldly species that's either intent on helping us or destroying us (directly at least).

[/ QUOTE ]

I definately agree with that! However, I believe that the "entites" as you put it can take on the shape/voice/whatnot of a dead person if they choose, most likely to make us afraid or deceive us in some way/influence our decisions. I believe that the spiritual forces are very interested in our doings.

prescottrecorder

Newly Enlightened

Haven't seen either, at least in the UFO equals alien spacecraft sense of that term. I don't see any real reason to believe or disbelieve. Either some day there will be more universally accepted evidence or I'll experience something personally that convinces me.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast

My wife and I both saw ghost cats in our last house.
The first time I was going from one room to another.
Out of the corner of my eye I saw what I thought was our own pet cat in the room I was leaving only to see him sitting curled up in the room I'd just entered.
Similar things happened numerous times and I never mentioned it to my wife until one day she told me that she thought the house was inhabited by a number of ghost cats. Seems she'd been seeing them herself.
Months later we learned from a neighbor that a past owner had kept lots and lots of cats.
The previous human owner died in the house so I think it's a little strange that we never saw a human ghost.