Why are Pentagonlights not available for sale?

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why are most of the PentagonLights not available on their site? As far as I can see, the high-intensity professional lights are the only ones for sale(and some of those are not for sale). All the other areas have lights that are "not currently for sale". There are a lot of really neat LED lights there that I would like to buy, but no dice. Anyone know what is going on with them?

Topper

Flashaholic*
My guess would be that they are new and are listing "projected lights" they plan to make but I really am guessing. I did get the PX2 and have not had a problem with it.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

McShawn

Enlightened
I asked the lady when I bought my Px2 and through broken English I understood her to say, not made enough of yet. So I would take that to mean that they don't have the quantity produced to sell yet. At least I think that is what she was saying. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
OK! Flashlights listed together with corresponding prices should be available for sale. For those models with price range quoted, you have to refer to "see details" for adding specific models to the cart for purchase.
There are 4 models which are not yet available for purchase (those models are listed at the end of the product listing page). It is unknown when these 4 models will become available for sale.

Mark2

Enlightened
I can say with some confidence that the following models should be available, if they're not out of stock: X1, X2, PX1, PX2, S2

The following model should be available soon: X3

No Luxeon models yet, but my guess is that at least the 1W lights are not too far off.

And last, the AR2 might be on its way.

meeshu: there are more than the 4 models you mentioned that are not available, probably about 25-30 models...

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Since mock ups for these were shown at last year's shot show, I would like to suggest that Pentagon has taken a few ideas from SF, including but not limited to, Vapor Ware! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Mark2

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
Since mock ups for these were shown at last year's shot show, I would like to suggest that Pentagon has taken a few ideas from SF, including but not limited to, Vapor Ware! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably not part of their business plan, though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But seriously, I don't think that PentagonLight is copying Surefire more than other manufacturers, in fact I think they have the most interesting new lights since the U2, I'm talking about the Multitasking lights.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Mark2,

Many similarities are nothing more than obvious solutions given similar design goals and criteria. I was just poking some fun there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif Heck, I think a ring of 5 mm LED's (or 3 mm for that matter) surrounding a center focused light element makes great sense and obviously many will come to similar conclusions. I also like the idea of a swivel belt clip and tab method of carry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have actually used the idea myself! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Once para-psychologists proove that ideas actually originate from a universal and external "idea bank", there will be some problems with current IP claims! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Mark2

Enlightened
Yeah, what can you add to a Xenon 2-cell light?

(I love the A2 and would say 'regulation', but who listens.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)