Q-III Need more power!

jvivek

Newly Enlightened
I just bought the Q-III, I need more light output, I have already sold my light to someone else, what is a good buy.

I also bought a Garrat 10,000 candle light flashlight for 40 dollars from Canadiantire, I now found 1 million candle light from ebay for less then 5 dollars.

could u please suggest me two flashlights. I like the size of Q-III but I rather get little bigger light that has more lumens.

thanks

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two brighter lights to cover all of your needs? A Surefire U2 and M6 should take care of all of your lighting needs.

-Keith

jvivek

Newly Enlightened
I generally use the Q-III all the time to looking inside cold air vents or everyday use around my worksite. I bought the Garrat 10,000 flashlight to read the house numbers while I am driving. I will look more into Surefire U2 and M6.

Thanks for your suggestions.

jvivek

Newly Enlightened
Surefire U2 is quite expensive, any other light that has equal lumes without the adjustable light feature.

thanks

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pelican M6- buy the LED version from batterystation.com and buy an extra xenon bulb module for it. You can switch back and forth depending on how much light you need. Think you want more than that? then get a Streamlight TL-3 xenon.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a lot less money than the U2 and M6, the SL TL-3 LED and Tigerlight would be two good choices for a medium intensity LED light and a high-powered relatively compact light (incan). I got both of mine for less than $100 USD each.

-Keith

Greg

Newly Enlightened
Considering you bought your light from Canadian Tire I assume you are Canadian. If that is the case, get yourself onto Radioshack.ca and buy a 2c maglite for $12.50. Get a piece of hose from canadian tire that will hold 3 cr123s and then put a KPR112 bulb in there from Radioshack and you have a killer light for about $20.00

Greg

jvivek

Newly Enlightened
Alrite I dont want to make a light on my own.

Anyways, all I need to make a decide now is what led flashlight has more light output? I have made a list below, let me know if this correct?

1.) U2 -> 80 Lumens
2.) Q-III -> 30 Lumens

I have absolutely no idea at all on the rest, tried searching on google but that usually pulls more advertisement then anything.

If someone could tell me a cool led flashlight that could produce around 100 lumes without paying the surefire price, I be happy, also it has to be reliable. could you also tell me which are the forum users favourite led flashlight.

Thanks

Vivek Joshi

AW

Newly Enlightened
Get a HDS Basic ( $160 ). About same size of Q-III but with 60 lumens output with four brightness settings. However, it is still back ordered :-(

code09

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Greg said:
Considering you bought your light from Canadian Tire I assume you are Canadian. If that is the case, get yourself onto Radioshack.ca and buy a 2c maglite for $12.50. Get a piece of hose from canadian tire that will hold 3 cr123s and then put a KPR112 bulb in there from Radioshack and you have a killer light for about $20.00

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

HOw does that work? what is the approximate light output of that? Sounds interesting Thanks!

Krit

Enlightened
Mod QIII engine to gain more power. You can put nextgen 750 mA driver and change luxeon to T bins.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try a Nuwai ALX-352L 5W Nitestar. 3 levels of brightness and blink mode. Takes 2 CR123A and all rechargeables including 4.2V R123's. Regulated output on all levels.

All for only $75 here.

chrisse242

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
moephiues said:
[ QUOTE ]
Greg said:

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

HOw does that work? what is the approximate light output of that? Sounds interesting Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't put the kpr bulb into the hose, put it into the light instead of the original bulb. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Put the hose with three cr123 cells into the tube instead of the 2c's. You're ready to go.

Chrisse

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
Greg/Krisse,

I have two brand new Nikota 2C cell flashlights that basically are MagLight knockoffs that I bought at Shucks automotive. I have been considering trying the three 123 with new bulb change over for quite some time. My first thought is that the lense and reflector on these lights is probably pretty cheap and the higher temperatures may melt them. I just took another look at the lights and there is no easy way to replace the lens/reflector - the reflector/lens must be pressed/crimped in place as part of the manufacturing process - can't screw them off.

Do you suppose the conversion will destroy this light? Actually, I don't really care because they are otherwise worthless to me, but I'd be interested in hearing what you folks "thnk" will happen? Many thanks.

chrisse242

Enlightened
Hmm, I really don't know. I never found a kpr bulb in germany, instead I'm using mag 5 oder 6 cell bulbs. Of course they do produce some heat, but as long as you're not using it for hours it shouldn't do any harm. As you said, just try it.

Chrisse

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
If someone could tell me a cool led flashlight that could produce around 100 lumes without paying the surefire price, I be happy, also it has to be reliable. could you also tell me which are the forum users favourite led flashlight.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Pelican M6 LED is a good light with good output at an inexpensive price. I don't know if it gets 100 lumens or not but it is good for an LED at its price. Buy it with a CPF discount at batterystation.com.

chrisse242

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
bjn70 said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Pelican M6 LED is a good light with good output at an inexpensive price. I don't know if it gets 100 lumens or not but it is good for an LED at its price. Buy it with a CPF discount at batterystation.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, most of the famous LED lights are ruled out by your needs. The only LED that will get near 100lumens is the LuxV. With surefire and more expensive not being an option, that will more or less leave you with several nuwai 5W lights as your only choice. On the other hand, as far as I know, none of them has been veryfied to put out 100 lumens by now.
A modded C- or D-Mag with luxV could be made cheaper than the surefire lights, but of course they're much bigger.
You'll also have to think about how often / for how long you need or want to have full power. IMHO, nothing's worse than a flashlight that's too bright for the given task and in the same time costs a fortune on batterys.

Chrisse

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
xpitxbullx said:
Try a Nuwai ALX-352L 5W Nitestar. 3 levels of brightness and blink mode. Takes 2 CR123A and all rechargeables including 4.2V R123's. Regulated output on all levels.

All for only $75 here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey there xp, how do you know that 5w can run two rechargable 123 batteries? I'm very interested. Anyone know the throw, I understand the 3watt light throw better, but 5watt flood and output better.