Off-center Infinity Ultra-G

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my first Ultra-G in the mail this week. Bought second hand, so I guess I shoulda expected there might be problems. The led is off center so the beam looks lopsided. Actually the beam is good, just the shadow of the bezel is off. A simple test with salt solves this. Salt trick. Fill the bezel, go into a dark room (with the infinity on, obviously), and gradually blow out the salt. A little salt in the bottom makes a great difference in the appeal of the beam. Now it doesn't appear as off-center because the corona is more diffuse. I used some glow paint to fill the base of the bezel. What I learned is that nail polish doesn't stick to HAIII!

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heh, good to know about the nailpolish. I was gonna try to add glow powder to something. heh. Some of the G's are like that. Just factory chance.. the one I had and since sold on here was perfect...

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of the Ultra Gs and the Infinity Ultras for that matter, have never been quite consistent in terms of the centreing of the led. Don't worry about it, I'd say majority of the ppl here who have an Ultra G or similar would tell you the same. Whats more important is that its still as sturdy and long lasting as all the others are...

MrMom

Enlightened
I've been through around 75 of them. Most are not perfectly centered. Don't blame it on being second hand. With no reflector, an off center LED will not affect the utility of the light.

Latest posts