A Home Lit Completely by LEDs

code09

Enlightened
haha, interesting...i wonder how much they save on their power bill

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
Nowhere near enough to cover the initial costs, I'm sure. But early adopters like this pave the way for the rest of us.

Ratso

Enlightened
For room lighting, flourescent would be much more efficient, cost less, and probably have better color balance. But I do think LEDs have their place in certain applications of home lighting.

Doug Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
"A good-quality white LED produces 10 times the light and lasts up to 10,000 times longer than an incandescent light bulb of equal wattage."

Yeah, right.....

TOTAL hype.

Vas bought the one-bedroom flat for just over $700,000, spent$50,000 on lighting and another $80,000 on renovations and sold it a year later for $1.2 million.

Kinda says it all, don't it?

Doug Owen

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Nifty but highly impractical.

Extensive RGB LEDs should lead to better CRI than just white, but I imagine that the color would get annoying after a while...

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
See that before.. I like it because it uses colored leds too. I wonder if there are any luxeons in there?

Defianlty if you want that effect of colors, then LED is the only way to go. Luxeon for flood/lamps, and 5mm for "line/stair" lighting.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
LEDs are great for accent lighting and a little bit of spot lighting in the home, but CFLs still rule for now. Didja notice that the apartment shown in the photos sorta looks like a nightclub? I didn't see any good reading light there, which would drive me nuts after a short while. Don't ghet me wrong, I'm an LED nut, but I don't think it's ready for general illumination. Yet.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
scudinc said:
"Daring new ideas brought to you by MSN". What a great sense of humor they have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, from the same guy who once proclaimed
"Nobody will ever need more than 640k of RAM!"
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

mrme

Enlightened
I wonder if they remebered to change the bulb in the fridge, the oven, the microwave, the waffle iron, the. . .

AlecGold

Enlightened
By Jove, that living, it's enough to drive any girlfriend nuts within 5 minutes. I don't mind a bit pink, but this is not a bit any more.