Small and Bright flashlight

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi,
I posted awhile ago about looking for a small and bright light to take hunting. I am still looking and need something bright enough to use in total darkness but smaller than my streamlight rechargable, which is size about 2 "Cs". I am really wanting something about as big and as bright as the Scorpion but that uses AA size and price batteries. The lithiums are just too much money and not that easy to get locally. What about the new Arc LS? Any other suggestions? Thanks, Jeff

mikep

Enlightened
The UK4AA light is a pretty compact way to carry a 6 volt flashlight:
f14026_0800.jpg

Brock

Flashaholic
I would suggest the UKE 4AA (the light above), Streamlight pro polymer (4AA) or the Bison 2 C. The Bison will probably have a longer burn time, but be dimmer.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
KT. About the Dorcy aluminium, it's ahh, eeer, hmmm, well, crap. I just got the Dorcy solid state poly 4-AA. Seems better. I will do a side by side to night and post tomorrow.
smile.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeff,

I agree with Brock's suggestions concerning 4AA lights as far as amount of light vs. size vs availability and price of batteries. However, I have one more suggestion, a Surefire E1. I just received one and I think it will replace my Streamlight polypro 4AA as my car light. The E1 is not quite as bright as the Polypro but the beam quality is oh so much better. Once you use a Surefire, you don't want to ever use a flashlight that gives off rings again. The E2 is actually my favorite but the reason I suggested the E1 is that yes, it does use the not commonly cheaply available CR123s but just one battery gives off a rated 90 minutes of light. As mentioned previously, the batteries are available on line for close to two dollars apiece. As a bonus, the E1 can easily be carried in your pocket. Let us know what you end up choosing.