• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS Tri-sink for MagD *** SOLD

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
TrisinkKiusmall.jpg

For sale one tri-star heatsink kit made by Kiu.

The kit includes three parts:
A base sink comparable to the hotlips (OD 34.2mm),
A 5.4 mm thick plate for the luxeon stars (OD 48.3mm)
A 8.2mm height ring (OD 48.3) for further heat transfer.

According to Kiu it fits all D cell Maglites and is recommended for use with tri-optics NX-05 or Fraen Lp.

I'm asking $22 non-cc paypal shipping not included. cc-paypal is ok but please add 3.5% to cover paypal fees. International shipping (priority mail) inside Europe is $5.50 (€4.20), outside Europe is $7.32 (€5.60).

Thanks.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS Tri-sink for MagD

It's yours. Thanks Jonathan! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Way cool....stick 4 Luxeon emitters (instead of stars, because they take less space) in there and you can have your own Quad? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Those trisinks were really cool stuff.

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast

I might not have enough current for a Quad.
Host is a Jade Mag1D. I only have EL3AA-D with 3x 2500mAh NiMh so the best I can pull out of that thing is 1.3V @ 5A which is pretty dam hard. With runtime of < 30 minutes

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Isn't that 4.5V at 3A?

You need a bigger Mag... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif try a 3D with NiMH for a no-holds-barred Quad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif What I can do with the Mag3X, you can do better! Especially since you have more TWAKs than I do... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast

Kevin you apparently haven't seen my 4AA-1D Group buy huh.
For the 3AA-1D it'll be 5A off the NiMh, for the 4AA-1D it'll be 2.5 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Better your Mag3X, dunno about that, I'm impressed & inspired by Mag3X or like.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ahh, your GB.. didn't think of that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Even quality consumer NiMH (Sanyo, one other brand I forget) don't take well to 4A draws, the hotwire crew went over this issue while searching for a good cell for beasts like the Mag85. Ginseng recommends a different cell (CBP 1650mAH) for ~5A work. Moving to 4 cells, as you've said, greatly helps. 2.5A is quite 'tame'.

Aww come on, 4 x Lux3 will beat 3 x Lux3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif in fact, I was so tempted, b2eze (the maker of the heatsink I used) emailed me a photo showing 4 Lux3s on his next heatsink, and I was thinking "Maybe I shouldn't have used permanent epoxy to glue 'em down" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (cram another star onto it and file the edges!

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast

Permanent epoxy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif
Now you're in trouble.

All my GB will help me produce my intermitent goal "Tri-Mini-FatMag" with a rheostat for pulling up to 1.5A thru each Lux of course.
Then the next GB will be for 14500 850mAh Li-Ion so I can produce "Mini" FlexMag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

*whips out chisel and watches as the epoxied TWAKs jump off the heatsink /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif before I even open the Mag* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

That sounds like a seriously awesome Mag you're building.... 4AAs, 1D, and three Lux3s - awesome! Regulated, resistored or direct drive? The Mag3X was designed for DD because that was the easiest way to push that kind of crazy amperage through the system.

Someone PM'ed me to suggest adding a rheostat to the Mag3X for variable power. I wish I had the capability to do that, it would be awesome..