Ace Hardware "AAA"

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Ace Hardware \"AAA\"

Was just prowling through the bargain bin at a local Ace and came across a little 3LED single AAA light for $5.99. It's made in China and the package is marked Illinois Industrial Tool. At that price of course I couldn't resist. It's about the same size and shape as a Dorcy AAA, actually a half inch longer. It has a rubber covered click on/off tail switch, is aluminum, and is black anodized. There's a strange little "finger lanyard" with a quick release sprouting out of the side of the tail switch. The bezel is removable and the 3LED "pill" drops right out. There's an O-ring on the tail switch, but not the bezel. Sound good so far? Just don't turn it on. While the beam is smooth, as most 3LED's are, and pretty white, it is very dim, and not much spill. These LED's are definitely not overdriven. The brightness is about like an Arc, Sonic, or Dorcy that needs a new battery. It's no wonder the package says "Battery Lasts 25X Longer" and "Solid State Technology Makes Battery Last for Over 20 Days of Continuous use". We'll see about that. I suppose this could serve a similar purpose as the original Infinity which is actually a good bit brighter.

Geoff

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Ace Hardware \"AAA\"

That's too bad. Ace has a 1led AAA flashlight for 9.99. I wonder if that's any good either?

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

Interesting... Keep us posted. I was thinking about scrounging up another non-Ultra Infinity just for a 'small light with more than a day of runtime'.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do you have a picture that you can show us of this light?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

Here's a couple pics of this little squeeker. I removed the lanyard, but I think you can see the attachment point.

AceLight1.jpg

AceLight2.jpg

Geoff