Angel light -- see through walls

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holy crap...A super flashlight combined X-ray and Deathray? And he has already been contacted by foreign military. And they just let them dismantle that thing? And let him talk to journalists? Also notice that there ARE photos of the impressive machinery, but no beamshots.

I think that there's a good Sci-Fi-Action film in there, but nothing more. What a piece of crap...(the story, that is)

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
No real information in the article. No proof at all. Kind of like reading an article about a man building a car that can drive 300 miles on a gallon of water. No proof, no real details, just some talk about using a various lights, lasers, mirrors, microwave, etc. Doesn't even hint at how he did it.

BTW - I think Popular Science or Popular Mechanics did a story several months ago about various companies working on ways to see through walls. They used radar, ultasonics, and other methods.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I showed this article to a co-workes of mine. He pointed out that there's mention of an MIT person used as a reference. We tried to google this guy. Turns out that he has a funny webpage (and email) at MIT, but no postal address (just a PO box) and a non-existing phone number listed on this page. He cannot be found via the MIT homepage. Conclusion: He's a virtual character invented by some MIT folks. Makes you wonder how he can comment on the machine...

Fat_Tony

Enlightened
FYI: the guy mentioned in the article that Tree posted is the same person who came up with the Grizzly Suit - i.e. a big semi-armored suit meant to allow its wearer to be able to get close to a grizzly bear without getting killed. (You can see the suit in one of the pictures). They even parodied this on the Simpsons once. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

http://www.nfb.ca/grizzly/troy.html

http://projecttroy.com.nexx.com/website/

http://outside.away.com/magazine/0597/0597grizzlies.html

Empath

Flashaholic
The words "defied all known rules of physics" in his first sentence pretty well invalidates it from the start. After all, how many practical inventions do you know of, or anticipate that defy "all known rules of physics"?

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I noticed the grizzly suit almost immediately. This guy has been widely discredited as a certifiable nutjob.

The main unit, which Hurtubise calls the centrifuge, contains the Angel Light's brains and includes black, white, red and fluorescent light sources, as well as seven industrial lasers.
All those light sources and "seven industrial lasers"... what's he going for, the entire optical spectrum?

The second unit, or the deflector grid, contains a large circle of optical glass, a microwave unit and plasma intermixed with carbon dioxide.
Microwave unit... that explains why it disrupts electronics - microwave disruptors are nothing new.

The third unit contains eight plasma light rods, CO2 charges, industrial magnets, 108 mirrors, eight ionization cells industrial lights, and other components Hurtubise chooses to remain tight-lipped about.
I don't know what's meant by "plasma light rods", "CO2 charges", or "ionization cells", and I doubt the inventor does either.

Mix all that crap together and you get something that might not be too healthy for organic tissue. Shocker.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
From Fat_Tony's 3rd link - truly a classic bit of understatement (emphasis added) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
[ QUOTE ]
In the late eighties, after knocking out a few flawed prototypes made mostly out of hockey equipment, Hurtubise developed the $26,000 Mark V. With no grizzlies convenient, he decided to try out this version on black bears, which frequent garbage dumps around North Bay at night. Alas, black bears are far less aggressive than grizzlies: Goad and charge them as he might, Hurtubise couldn't get them to swipe at him, let alone clamp him in their jaws. The bears mostly did the sensible thing: They fled.

[/ QUOTE ]

JOshooter

Enlightened
That's the first thing I noticed, no working photos of it. I'd like to know who actually believes this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

DarkLight

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Empath said:
The words "defied all known rules of physics" in his first sentence pretty well invalidates it from the start. After all, how many practical inventions do you know of, or anticipate that defy "all known rules of physics"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea lets start with ONE rule. hehe

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe Chesterfield County in VA has a device the swat team uses to see through walls that uses radar and I believe thermal imaging. It was the side of a suite case, this device looks like it would be hard to carry around tight corners of a building.

I agree, its fake. If it was real it would be on every news program.

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
JOshooter said:
That's the first thing I noticed, no working photos of it. I'd like to know who actually believes this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubters! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

It just so happens that I have an ultra-secret prototype Angel Light Flashlight! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

To prove it, here is a comparison beamshot!

Here is a Surefire U2 on the highest setting, shining on a white interior wall in my house from a distance of 2 meters:

beamshot4sf.jpg

And here is a beamshot of the Angel Light Flashlight, under the exact same conditions:

angellightbeamshot8oq.jpg

So there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Hookd_On_Photons said:
[ QUOTE ]
JOshooter said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubters! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

It just so happens that I have an ultra-secret prototype Angel Light Flashlight! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

To prove it, here is a comparison beamshot!

Here is a Surefire U2 on the highest setting, shining on a white interior wall in my house from a distance of 2 meters:

beamshot4sf.jpg

And here is a beamshot of the Angel Light Flashlight, under the exact same conditions:

angellightbeamshot8oq.jpg

So there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

Are you going to put it up on the B/S/T? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mut

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
LMAO .. funny... I just saw this on engadget.com today and found it funny when they said he didn't have feeling in on of his fingers after putting his hand in front for testing. LOL mad scientist ehehheh