Advice about Surefire L1

BobCol

Newly Enlightened
Hi everybody
I'm thinking about buying an SFL1 (which here in Brazil is quite an investment due to import taxes and transport) but I'm not quite certain if it will suit my needs. To say that in high it boosts 15 lumen and in low 0.7 lumen doesn't give any idea of what it looks like in the real world! So one way to get a better feeling is to compare the beam of a SFL1 (the new 3watt off course) in high with an Inova X5T (which I have), and in low with an Arc AAA (which I also have). I think this would put me in the right path.

Thanks for any advices
BobCol

dude2

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunately I do not own either an x5t or arc AAA. I do own a 3 watt L1 and a single AAA maglite. Based on purely unscientific opinion I would say the L1 on low is roughly 2x as much light as the AAA mag.

I love the L1. I own an A2 and L2 as well and the L1 is my favorite.

While not exactly what you asked for, I hope that helps.

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to own the L1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif before I lost it. On high it is significantly brighter than the X5t, and on low it is almost the same. It isnt really a flood, though..

-tom

redcar

Enlightened
I have Arc AAA, L1, and X5T.

On low is just a bit lower on output than an Arc AAA. But I had to look pretty hard to see that. They are pretty close.

On high it was brighter, but not by very much, than the X5T. It also had a bit better throw than the X5T.

Hope that helps.

llvo

Enlightened
My L1 on high is obviously brighter than a X5T...I would say two times more in lumen. On human eyes it may not appeared as twice as bright.

The low setting with new batteries is 1/3 lower than an ArcAAA, IMO.

It's a very useful little light since the low setting won't spoil your dark-adapted eyes and the high mode bright enough for short medium range use(hiking, camping, indoor).

Latest posts