eternaLights - Closeout prices?

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was doing a price search using Froogle on eternaLights when I came across this at TheLEDlight.com

Clearance Special - The eternaLight Company (Technology Associates) is changing hands. All remaining items are original TechAss goods. All products are brand new and come with a full warranty from Technology Associates. Pricing good while existing stock remains.
UNQUOTE

eternaLights clearance page at TheLEDlight.com

$26 (+$5.50 shipping) for an eternaLight Model 3 Ergo seems pretty good to me.....

ergo.jpg

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody know the future of techass? They had hinted for I think more then a year now of a luxeon product. I wonder if the original owners are going forth with that plan under another guise?

Lightmeup

Enlightened
It would nice to know that the new owner plans on honoring warranties for products sold before the change in ownership.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW! Thanx UnknownVT. I was looking to buy one of these and was just hoping for a sale like this to come along. Now which one to get... decisions, decisions.

Oh and I hope they don't get rid of the website because I had a bookmark to their lumen/cp/lux/candela explanation page. it's excellent!
http://www.theledlight.com/lumens.html

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
Read the review of the different models on the LED Museum. He discusses all the models and he has a preference. I believe the price he showed was $99 for the one he liked most, primarily because it was water resistant and has a magnet to attach to metalic things. He also mentioned it seemed to have a stronger case. If I can find that particular model on sale, I'll probably order one.

turbodog

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonBoy said:
<speculation> Maybe they're clearing inventory to a buyer at a discounted rate to fund the introduction of 'The Punch', assuming it exists. </speculation>

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, it only looks like that particular dealer is dumping his EL lights...... along with ALL his other handheld flashlights as well. I'd look a little harder before I declared EL to be changing product lines.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Those are some great prices! I own "several" eternaLights...my favorites are the Elite Max, X-ray elite, and the Ergo with the red/white and green/white options!

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
That was easy. Paypal, click three buttons, done. $70 shipped with Lithium batteries for the cat's meow. The regulated Eternalight EliteMax with battery voltage tester (up to 1000 hours on a set of batteries.) and extra 16% more output over the Xray and Marine model.

Unusual features galore, like adjustable regulation. Turned on give 6hrs of max-output, turned off 50hrs. Even better with lithium cells.

Amazing light, A bit expensive but amazing. I'll do a review with lithium runtime, LUX and Lumen figures in a couple of weeks.
Here is a LOT of info that I wont be covering.
http://www.flashlightsunlimited.com/elitemax.htm

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice I like price wars. If you are in the military at an APO address (which I am) ledlight will ship for free. I'm not advertising for them just letting other APO'ers know. Me being the impulse buyer I had to buy one just to have it.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shipping is plus $9.10 to my address using that eppescorner. So it's actually $5 more expensive for the EliteMax.

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
CromagNet - you did good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

There was only 5 cents difference anyway. My only point was to let folks know that others are selling them for a great discount also, and there normally is a reason for such - like new improved product coming out or company problems, etc.

I'm going to order one myself. The only reason I probably haven't a long time ago is because of the exposed LEDs. I don't even like the ones that are a little recessed. I much prefer some sort of lens/cover. I can easily see breaking the LED if dropped justright. Still - always been interest in these lights for survival purposes. May we both enjoy our new lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

billgr

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the heads up........just ordered another elite xray.......great for a bug out bag.......200-300 hours of light!!!

lahjik

Newly Enlightened
Again, thanks for the post! I bought a Derringer recently as part of my upcoming post of a review on flashlights to meet the unique needs of my 90 year old grandmother who has arthritis (waiting for the last 2 lights from GlowBug). I was very impressed with the derringer, and wasn't looking forward to giving it up =)
Now with an EliteMax, I won't feel so bad I guess...