Pen Spinning: Its really cool!! (video included)

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently joined a Pen Spinning Forum. http://www.pentrix.com/upsb2/index.php
What made me goole the words "Pen Tricks" was this video.
http://gprime.net/video.php/pentricks
Cool isnt it? I hope to be like those guys in the video someday... But I still love CPF more than UPSB because it is more satisfying to hold a bright flashlight than spin a pen. Besides, in my school, pen spinning is considered nerdy. So CPF all the way! Just wanted to show you how cool pen spinning could be though.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Neat. Suprized I have not seen that in an action movie with a knife instead of a pen.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW!!! Amazing! How about doing those tricks with a SL Stilus turned on? or a AAA Minigag, How much time did it take to master that?

AlexGT

evanlocc

Enlightened
the pen spinning is not really cool ....

....... but DAM THE COOL!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Pen Spinning: Its really cool!! (video include

Spend six hours a day taking notes and three more doodling and you'll get some pencil kung-fu skills as well... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Most of what they do isn't really spining but more making it move fast enough so it gives you the illusion it spins arround an axis. When I let go of the pencil while doing this, it can easily fly out and get stuck in the wall. Hope I'm not killing to magic here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
It does look insanely cool though!

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast

KFC, what do you mean most of what they do isn't spinning? Maybe there's a specific definition to 'spinning' I'm not completely understanding, but most of the tricks I can do involve the pen doing at least a 360. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif I've seen people who don't know how to do the tricks just moving a pen fast in sort of a pendulum motion, but when you actually jump fingers or go around a thumb, it has to spin in order to be caught again. Even a finger pass requires a 180. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif very impressing! how long does it take to learn this provided you have more than 2 thumbs? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
bernhard

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey sinjz, I learned the sonic in 5 minutes today! Pretty funny that I did... I can even do it between the ring finger and the pinky finger.

greenLED

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif I gotta learn this stuff

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast

You gotta be the sitting a lot to learn this stuff. Like when you're in class. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Congrats MD! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Now you gotta go from two consecutive sonics into the thumbaround, thumbaround reverse back into a sonic or charge if you got that one down. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Santelmo

Enlightened

Ha, beat you guys to it! I did that when I was in highschool (my fantastic grandmaster-like skills were the result of daydreaming to parts unknown during class).

Now, do they have a notebook-spinning forum?

DaGeek

Enlightened

Cool stuff but it looks a little complicated..

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

It is indeed very complicated. It takes a lot of practice and time. In my link there are many things that can help you out. There is the forum and stuff with many people that can lead you and tell you what tricks you have to learn first. Of course, that forum is nothing compared to CPF.

Sinjz, I need to learn the reverse thumbaround! But everytime I try it, I end up flinging the pen up in the air or dropping it or my pointy finger gets in the way... so lots of practice needed on that one. And the sonic is making my fingers too lazy to do the TAs...