A nice pouch for the QIII

sotyakr

Enlightened
Just received a pouch offered by CPF'er Wong which fits lights such as the LionHeart, and at the other end of the spectrum, the QIII. My application would be EDC of the QIII. The pouch is nicely stitched and assembled of what looks to be good quality materials, certainly a lot sturdier than the OE pouch. It's a the same height, but a bit wider than the pouch supplied with the QIII.
Q3pouch.jpg

The extra width makes inserting and removing the QIII lens down, somewhat easier.
Q3pouch1.jpg

One gripe I have with the QIII's supplied pouch is the belt loop. It's flimsy and too small. Not so with this replacement. It's quite substantial and has plenty of room to feed a belt through. It's secured with a snug fitting snap on the bottom, which I suppose might make it a bit less secure, but it does take a good tug to unsnap it. There's also a small loop at the top of the belt loop where an included "mini-biner" can be attached. The 'biner can also be stored in a pocket on the front flap.
Q3pouch2.jpg

For $10, shipped from Singapore, I'd say this pouch is more than up to the job and a good deal. At some point I might even have to get a nicer light to fill it! Wong has been offering them in a few different colors on B/S/T ~ Non-Lights.

Roger11

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
LowBat said:
My choice of pouches for flashlights and cell phones is Ripoffs brand. I prefer the high quality and convenient steel belt clip. I think this one, the CO-37, will work for the QIII. http://www.ripoffs.com/datasheets/co37/co37.html

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the Q-III and that pouch which I had bought for SF e1. It is too small though for the Q-III. The flap will close but just barely. Not that good of a fit.

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I bought Wong's last two pouches. He did intimate that he might try to get some more.

sotyakr

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Roger11 said:
sotyakr please post a link to these pouches I could not find them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roger11, here's a link to Wong's thread in B/S/T.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Roger11 said:
[ QUOTE ]
LowBat said:
My choice of pouches for flashlights and cell phones is Ripoffs brand. I prefer the high quality and convenient steel belt clip. I think this one, the CO-37, will work for the QIII. http://www.ripoffs.com/datasheets/co37/co37.html

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the Q-III and that pouch which I had bought for SF e1. It is too small though for the Q-III. The flap will close but just barely. Not that good of a fit.

[/ QUOTE ]

The length of the e1 and the QIII look close, as the QIII is 3 3/4" and the e1 is just over 3 1/2" (from what I can find). However since you have the CO-37 I accept your judgement. My experience with the nylon Ripoffs is that they'll stretch a bit with a little wear. Does the velcro barely touch or is it more like a 50% contact?

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
wallyrulz said:
I'm using my QIII oem for my lionheart, and it is already tearing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine stays in my pocket and nicely holds four spare batteries.

morituri

Newly Enlightened
I found a great pouch for my Q3 - for approx US$3. It's a phone holster for the Nokia 3650/3660 series phone. It has a belt clip, belt loop and a magnetic clasp. It's big enough for the Q3 and a couple of batteries. I keep my Q3 and a Victorinox Pioneer with a length paracord in mine.