Pimp your leadlight thread ! (not mw related)

fusionman

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

Here are a few mods I threw together with my leadlight and another red laser pointer. It turns out the tubes and threads are of the same diameter and all you need is the metal washer from the red laser to make some cool hybrid gadgets.

1. LeadLight BallPoint (pocket protector not included)

292379.jpg

The weight makes it somewhat ackward to write with

2. Dual-LeadSaber ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif if only the red one was more powerful)
It also has one of those high intensity LED's. Best of all they run on seperate power supplies. Make sure to put some plastic between the AAA's and the watch batteries.

292378.jpg

3. Keychain
Not like any of us would be this careless with our greenies though.

292377.jpg

I have a few extra of these 3-in-one red pointers, PM if interested. You can also find them on ebay.

Anyone else got other cool mods?

fusionman

Newly Enlightened
Mine hold together well. For the saber you should get a wider washer from a hardware store

liteglow

Enlightened
i workin on modding my green one into using a photo battery, 123cr battery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fusionman

Newly Enlightened
you must have ample $$$ with those 123cr's

I was thinking of going with some NiMH rechargeables with a hi mAH (1000). Something like this Or i'll try pulling the sony recharagebles from my digi-cam.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
You can have CR123 for $1.00 now at BatteryStation if you are a CPF member or at $1.25 at SureFire ...
bernhard

liteglow

Enlightened
i got 60 of them..
i did do a lot buy at eBay !
Only 50$ or something like that..

In Norway the price for one Photo battery is 10-20$ each !

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Brick and Mortar stores are really not the place to buy those /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

E-bay or online stores (like mentioned by litleglow) are the way to save a few hundred percent of price ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Just a note: it is said that cheaper offshore CR123 batteries have less than ideal safety mechanisms incorporated. I am always buying name brands and pay a little extra just to be sure the batteries won't do something nasty to me and my lights.

For more info you can take a look at the Batteries Forum, there's plenty of info of the experts on this ...

bernhard