Introducing D-Pill

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
First and foremost I have to thank the following people:
- haveblue for bringing MicroMag to life /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif
- dat2zip for donating the MM rev1 board /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
- PhotonFanatic for the lovely Lux3T TY0L /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

OK. A picture is worth a thousand word so I have 9000 words for you guys, plus some ...

dpill022nw.th.jpg

dpill030vn.th.jpg

dpill040bw.th.jpg

dpill059zv.th.jpg

dpill064iz.th.jpg

dpill075jl.th.jpg

dpill080rs.th.jpg

dpill090ml.th.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting, even though their thumbnail doesn't work sometime.

=== Light Specs ===
FF2 CR2 - NG500 & turndown NX05
FF2 123 - BB750 & turndown NX05
MicroMag - D-Pill & NX05
MiniMag - BB500 & NX05

=== Construction Matterial ===
1x shorted|blank MM converter board - from Shop
2x connection pins - from Shop
1x emitter board - from Shop
1x Luxeon III TY0L - from PhotonPhanatic

This little baby runs on 750mAh 14500 Li-Ion so it's DD. You think it's crazy, maybe, maybe not. Since my 14500 is rated for 750mAh it's not that much current it's delivering. Fresh off the charger this thing is pulling 600mA and it drops down to 500mA after 15 minutes. My D-Pill #1 have went thru 5 battery cycle and it's still like a virgin. One weird thing I notice is this thing is even cooler than my NG500 to the touch after running for 5 minutes during the shootout. Can some of the electronic wizard help explains this.

Runtime chart, temperature, and Lux reading will be posted once I borrowed CroMagnet's meter.
Visually this thing is far brighter & whiter than most of my LuxIII lights. At 500mA the D-Pill is still brighter than my BB750 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

I had some beamshots vs Simba, ARC4+, and Aleph but my 1G CF card was lost/stolen when I brought it to work today trying to post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

One of the picture was pretty funny, I had all these light spread out so my "toddler" son would choose one. Guess what he choose Simba over all the others /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

OK the plus some part ...
The first one to guess what the "D" means will get a free D-Pill sent to their door, no matter where you are. Yes, that includes Timbuktu /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
The hint is the original name is in a foreign language.
As an alternate if you guess what my son Andrew's birthday is you get it too.
If no one guess it right by Feb 05, 2005 it will go to the Bay Area Get-Together Q1-2005 raffle.
* Limit one guess per person per day. And only answers posted will count.
GAME OVER - WINNER = ssteven1

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad the MicroMag got put to a good use. Small and cute, huh? I think the Micro is a common little light around cpf now. S'OK...I still think they are special and I carry one everyday. Shoot, you've inspired me to make another drop-in for a Micro. Have fun!

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent in my guess (i forgot to post here.. hope my PM got to you beore Amorphous) oh yea and I hope I'm right..lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, I amended to the rules. Only posted answer will count. Please do not PM me. I get too many as is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the words of the immortal JJ from Good Times the D stands for Dinomite!!!! ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif For Explosive Preformence !!

Shane

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice job! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif
How about Danish.
25 Feb
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Edit: Doh! "is in a foreign language" not "is a foreign language"!

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Sinjz said:
Dhung (SP?) - means light
Nov. 10th

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, sounds too much luke Dung, which means poop!! lol.

the Dragon Pill! RAUR!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shane

pokkuhlag

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Hallis said:
[ QUOTE ]
Sinjz said:
Dhung (SP?) - means light
Nov. 10th

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, sounds too much luke Dung, which means poop!! lol.

the Dragon Pill! RAUR!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shane

[/ QUOTE ]
Hallis, you're cheating man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif, posting two answers. Pick one please. (Check last line of first post)

D for Drool

Edit: Had to choose between a date or a word for D. Typo...

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually none of them are in a foreign language /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Im just screwing around.

But i will guess the birthday, March 6'th

Shane

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
diggdug13, Dinh is my last name it have no meaning so NO
Shane, NO NO NO and NO but I like your style /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
watt4, deutsche /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif but NO
beam_me_up , Dutch Pill -> NO
chimo, "D" is in a foreign language so NO
jaids, driver is in english it's not foreign to U or me -> NO
Sinjz, that's thinking but NO
pokkuhlag, what is Drol, or do you mean drool?
gregw, same as diggdug13 so NO

Man you guys are not even close. I guess we need more hint and loosen the rules.
Ok one guess for date and one guess for "D" meaning. Those who posted words in "English" gets another try.

Another hint, my son was borned in the summer, I think
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Latest posts