pt attitude

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
hey guys i just got a pt attitude and was wondering if the led module would work in the pt blast (2AAA) with out damaging the module? also will the attitude work with lithium AAAs with out ruining the module? any mods that i could do to the blast or attitude? thanks zach

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
the attitude module might light on the 2-aaa module, but i would guess it would be very dim.

the attitude LED's are driven pretty hard on the 4xaaa bats (i think), so i dont think i would run it on lithiums, due to higher voltage.

you could contact princeton tec to find out...

Bob

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried running the Attitude module in a Blast and it wasn't even bright enough to read by...all you get is a VERY faint glow. OTOH, I did run my PT attitude on AAA lithium cells with no ill effect. I can't say for sure since I've never torn an Attitude module apart, but I believe it's not running at the full 6V of the 4XAAA's...it's resistored down. It's a touch brighter on lithiums, but the biggest advantage is the run-time increase and little or no self-discharge when stored long-term.

PJD

STEVENT6

Enlightened
You questions look like they were answered, ...But you may want to buy a 4aaa incandescent lamp assembly. I mean the same one used in the PT RAGE. Its quite bright [41 lumens ] costs about $2.50 to $3.75 and is supposed to have a life of 25 hours. It will be like having 2 different capabilities in one light. I've heard someone [at CPF] call it a poor mans E2.

At a different thread a while back, someone said they tried the attitude module in a PR Blast with lithium batteries and got better results.

paulr

Flashaholic
If you put the Attitude module into a Blast and run the Blast on the new AAA lithium batteries (about 1.7 volts instead of 1.5 for alkalines), you get a sort of usable brightness level. You might get a little more if you do some surgery on the module and remove the limiting resistor. But if you do that, you'll burn out the module instantly if you put it back in the 4-cell Attitude.

If you want a 2aaa LED plastic light sort of like the Blast, try the UK 2AAA eLED. Nice little light with long runtime and just $12 or so at Brightguy.

STEVENT6

Enlightened
In my opinion it would be more of a emergency temporary replacement. Or a compact quite bright light, suitable for a lot of uses.