Inova X5 bulb?

jaywin

Newly Enlightened
How would you go about replacing it? Mine is dead, has fresh batteries and nothing happens. Any resources to purchase a bulb and how to install would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jay

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Either try to get warranty service on the X5 or buy another one - X5s are vey difficult to disassemble and just as difficult to successfully reassemble.

jaywin

Newly Enlightened
It was one of the X5's from county comm in hard anodized. They dont sell them anymore. Anyone have contact info for Inova?

jaywin

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Kevin Tan said:
Just a reminder, is the battries +ve up or down?

[/ QUOTE ]

you sound like one of my IT guys asking if my computer is on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nah, the batteries are correctly inserted.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The batteries in the Inova X5 go in opposite of the way the batteries in most other flashlights go in.
Please be sure the button-end (+) positive faces the tailcap.

Incandescent flashlights can work with either polarity, but LEDs need the polarity to be corrrect or they will not work.

briteguy

Newly Enlightened
jaywin,

The reason everyone is asking that you check the polarity of your inserted batteries is that it is very unlikely that all five LEDs go bad at the same time. These LEDs are supposed to last 100,000+ hours.

So if none of them light up, you 1. have inserted the batteries the wrong way 2. have a bad switch 3. bad resistor board.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I modded one to UV a couple years ago. Once I burned all the epoxy out, I could see that there was a seperate resistor for each LED. You have a curious failure, unless you were using R123's.

Larry

DrPhoton

Newly Enlightened
I have a blue X5 that is doing the same thing. It will blink on when tapped on a hard surface. I want it fixed but not replaced as it is an early black fluted tube model. hmmmmm..... I deal in Inova products but still have little if any luck getting any info. from Inova directly. They just keep saying talk to your distributor. I have not tried talking to them about this X5 i am having problems with.
Doc. Photon

Latest posts