A2 question

davidra

Enlightened
OK....feel pretty newbie, but just got my A2 and I'd rather not do anything stupid. How to get the bulb out? I have an extra LED set, but I'm a little hesitant to go pulling on the metal piece that contacts the electronics below the bulb. There are four little flanges on the bottom....does it screw out, or do you just pull it out????

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
See the thread here called "Collected opinions and notes on the A2" or something like that. It was a couple post above this when I last saw it, but is probably still on this page.

Bill

Size15's

Flashaholic
P109.jpg

P108.jpg

The discoloured MA02 bulb is the result of about 45 battery sets.
The output is the same as a new bulb. I retired it though.
P107.jpg

davidra

Enlightened
OK....followup question. Bulb's out, three little screws are out. LED set is still in, not easily coming out. How to loosen it without hurting anything? This is making me nervous....

Size15's

Flashaholic
I've changed the LED rings quite a few times. It shouldn't be that difficult. I don't think there's anything to be nervous about. I've never damaged anything in the process (and I'm not the most delicate of people)

davidra

Enlightened
Got it out. It was pretty well seated. Now I've got a red set in. Not nearly as bright or as nice a beam as the whites, but very neat to be able to switch them. Thanks a lot....

Size15's

Flashaholic
I've "lightly" sanded the tops of the red LEDs to difuse the beam (even it out). It's a risk because it obviously damages the LEDs but I've found it's improve the Red LED's usefulness (sneaking around at night using the low output red light so as not to wake my housemates.

Al

davidra

Enlightened
If I ever get another set, I might try that...love to see what the new yellow/green color looks like.