Napoleon Dynamite

JOshooter

Enlightened
I'm suprized to see that a thread hasn't been started yet, I've seen it and it's pretty good, from what I've heard from friends, you either like it, or you hate it. What are your thoughts about it?

was_jlh

Enlightened
It has been mentioned in a recent "good movies" thread. I love it, but of course my mom goes to college, so I would. Litfuse also liked it, IIRC.

"Freakin' 12 guage, what do you think"

newuser

Newly Enlightened
Overrated and overhyped. Tries to hard. Has funny moments but are too few and far in between.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it has a couple funny moments,

But I can honestly say that I would pay not to have to watch that movie again. No one else that I personally know liked it either except for one slightly "off" person.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not that I'm saying anyone is strange for liking this, you just have to have a unique personality /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
"What would you do in a situation like that?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

I thought it was very funny and unique. I guess you either "get it" or you don't. Different is good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

"But my lips hurt real bad! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peter

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
"You gonna eat your tots?"

Funny thing is a know a bunch of people that would do that.

"A Fr*cking 12 guage, what do you think?!?!?"

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
"You're bruising my neck meat!"

I like it. I've watched it with my 3 year old about 5 times in the last couple of weeks. My son and I are at the same intellectual and emotional age, so we each dig it.

If you set your sights low, it has likeable characters and plot. I do hope they make ND2, "dang it."

best regards

newuser

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
LitFuse said:
I thought it was very funny and unique. I guess you either "get it" or you don't. Different is good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I got it alright, I just didn't like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
I haven't seen it yet :gag: but everybody else has.

I guess it is pretty culturally accurate for my geographic area but I don't want to say that's true until I've seen it. Anyway I guess that makes it more enjoyable/popular around here. Well I guess it was shot here too.

Edited all on Final Cut Pro, that's my favorite part /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

was_jlh

Enlightened
If you watch it, make sure to watch all the extras, particularly "Pecula" and the wedding.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
For people that live in small towns it might be a little too realistic.

davidra

Enlightened
Loved it. "Tina, come eat your ham"....just about lost it on that one. Oh, and "are you drinking 2% milk because you think you're fat?" But my humor matches that of my high school age son. All kinds of people around here wearing "Pedro for President" shirts....

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't care about you guys but I liked it. Gosh!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif