Charging a 10.8V or 9.6V with RC quick charger?

Brooks

Newly Enlightened
I plan to build a Mag85BP if I can ever locate all the parts. I have both a 8AA to 2D and a 1AA to 1D adapter that I plan to use in a 3D mag. I would like to charge the adapters w/AA's installed all at once or at least the 8aa to 2d loaded adapter in some type of cradle that could hook to my RC charger. Would it be OK to use a RC charger to charge either 10.8V to 3D or 9.6V to 2D?

I have 2 RC chargers that I use for my 7.2V battery packs for RC cars. One is a Hobbico 905 with a timer and the other a Dynamite Mega Peak detection charger. I can't find the documentation for these chargers. If I remember right the Dynamite Peak charger is not safe to use on NiMH packs because it can only detect peak charge on NiCad packs. The Hobbico charger has a timer and the specs noted on the charger read: Trickle Charge: 35-75mA and Fast Charge: 5 amps max. I don't understand what these numbers mean. I also don't understand how the trickle charge vs fast charge work since there is only one rocker button - Discharge/Charge. I thought this charger only had quick charge, so I don't understand what the trickle charge means. Does anyone know it this charger is capable of safely charging a 9.6V or 10.8V pack?

If it can be used, then can a simple charging cradle be made to charge a 10.8V 9AA to 3D loaded adapter(s) or a 8AA to 2D loaded adapter with my RC charger? If this can work and anyone has photos or tips on how to build a charging cradle I would greatly appreciate it.