Nuwai 5W vs. T3 vs. TL-2 Nxt. Gen.?

Santelmo

Enlightened
Wanting a big, tougher, EDC to go with my Inova key light and Q3, I've narrowed it to these three.

I thought I liked the T3 for throw and solid-build, but I understand not much spill and a tad too big when compared with the others. The TL-2 for design and build as well, but lower lumens. The Nuwai 5W (styled after the Ombu X-55) seems to be the compromise between the two and maybe the cheapest, but build quality maybe an issue.

Really need your enlightened opinions as I really need to save up for this light. Beamshots would be great too. Thanks in advance! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Santelmo

Enlightened
Ooopss! Just re-checked and the Nuwai 5W at Advancedmart IS actually the Ombu and turns out is NOT the cheapest! My bad. . . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

davidra

Enlightened
Because of the optics, the T3 is longer than you would expect. And solid? I think you could hammer nails with it. The beam is not that bad, but it does have Tiros rings, so it's not pretty, but it sure gets the job done. The build quality for that light is better than any Nuwai or Streamlight I have seen.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go with the TL-2 next gen., due to its output and its size.

nolight

Newly Enlightened
For the money, nothing can beat the throw on the T3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to the numbers on Quickbeam's site, the throw of the new version TL-2 LED is about the same as the T-3...I can't say for sure since I don't have a T3. I DO however have the new version TL-2 LED, and I can tell you that for an "over-the-counter 1 watter", it throws quite well! It HANDILY out-throws the Pelican M6 LED, and has a nice wide and white spill light to boot! It's about the best throwing 1 watter I've ever had...the only store-bought 1 watter that out-throws it according to Quickbeam's throw chart is the LEDExtreme Predator (using a 30MM optic, so not much spill light there, either). IMHO, I'd go with the new TL-2...you get throw, spill, an awesome warranty, AND you get regulation! It's also a LOT more compact than the T3. The more I use mine, the more I like it! I EDC it, and I don't find it too large at all...incidentally, I did a side-by-side comparison between the old and new TL-2 LED, and the new one COMPLETELY blows the old one away in EVERY aspect! I'd recommend it to anyone without hesitation!

PJD

Santelmo

Enlightened
Very, very grateful for all the comments, keep em coming please!

Lunal Tic: Look over at Brightguy.com, that's where I saw it after Quickbeam's favorable review. Main differences are the regulation and anti-roll bezel

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
and a pyrex lens /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif