I WON! Modders creative Advice needed

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just won this eBay bid on some kewl lookin' flashlights. Can I put in my Tigerlight moded Carley relector with a potted 1111 1274? Or should I even? Three Antique Flashlights

What would you guys do? What would you do to which one?

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow.. you would sure hope that the 1950s switches and electrical subsystems would stand up to the punishing 3 amp draw from the WA Superbulbs today.

The 15" one looks like I could load a stack of six GP 3300mAH ultra high current Sub-Cs with a 1274. I was actually planning to do that to a slightly more up to date flashlight (Mag4D).

Imagine stepping back into 1950 with the WA01274.. you'd be able to blow away car headlights* with that configuration. If I could turn back the clock (but not forward) I'd go with the Digital Ultra, and the Ultimate Stealthlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif folks would think I was carrying an aircraft searchlight in my bag.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

* Even here now and today in 2005, my favorite incandescent road-legal 60W H4 bulb is the Osram/Sylvania Silverstar - 1000 bulb lumens on low beam, 1600 on high beam. The Mag85 is overdriven to 1200 bulb lumens...

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice light Promag. I was looking at those also. Wondering if these would sell 'modded' and any increased value. The nice thing about these older lights, is that mose of them are metal and bakelite. What I am curious about are the lights with the lens in the front. My first one (1915 light) I am going to keep simple. It might be best to wait to see what the insides actuall look like to see what would be best.
Looks like it will be fun...

Jeff

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
eheheh... Definately had you in mind for one of them Jonathan. I also figured you for (cough)helping with the mod.... Who am I kidding LOL I'll supervise while you do an LED mod and JimH does a Hotwire mod. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

They were shipped today.