Suggestions on upgrading an E2e-SG

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bored...looking for suggestions on how to upgrade my E2e-SG. I love the light and the color, just that the MN03 really doesn't impress me at all. In all likelihood, my chosen upgrade path would be LED since I've seen what LEDs can do. And yes, LEDs can throw - ridiculous throw at times.

I don't quite need that much throw so a 17-20mm reflector would do, a 20 would be nice, and preferred. The E2e-SG's bezel is the teardrop bezel with a solid chunk of metal inside, so it's not so easy to bore out and do the Chop ExE-head-to-light-engine mod or I'd consider that.

I'd like to stay with a 1" diameter head, I have a 1.25" PR-T on an L4/Z57 and while I like it for what it is, it doesn't quite have the same low profile as the stock E2e-SG head. Rechargeable support (single 17670 or JSB R123s) is a definite must. The battery situation has recently become completely un-tenable and CR123 is not an option.

Color matching is critical. LuxV preferred.

Suggestions.......?

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
KL1-SG. If you want LuxV, you can remove the stock circuit and replace it with a badboy.

However, I would be careful running a badboy/Lux V with rechargables - there have been lots of reports of badboys frying in this type of package.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tyler's right about that. If you go with a BadBoy and the Pila, I'd stay with 500mA or less. If you want to run the light on 2XJSB123s, you could probably do a DownBoy, but his would limit you to running the light on either JSBs or a 3 cell body with 3X123s.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm.....maybe I should just go straight for the KL4. That's a thought /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif