inova X1

850turbo

Newly Enlightened
what would happen if i put two 1/2 AA size nimh cells in the X1 instead of the typical AA? what about if i put a 3V lithium AA size battery in it?

thanks

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
about the lithiums.
"(SSSSSssssssssssss) Hey, whats that noise? huh? Ahhh My X1!!"

Ikonomi

Enlightened
My X1 has been running on an Energizer lithium for a few months now with no problems. I think it's a little brighter than it was with the alkaline, but the different is slight.

I didn't know they made half AA size cells.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was comparing the visibility of the beams on my Premierlight PL1 and my white Inova X1. For some reason, the PL1 doesn't have the little fringe of blue around the periphery of the beam when it's projected on a wall like the X1 does. I think that little blue fringe helps to intensify the visibility of the X1's beam in the nightsky compared to the fringeless PL1. I've also noticed my blue 7 LED Peak McKinley's beam is substantially more visible than my white McKinley.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, do the pl1 and x1 put out about the same amount of light? That's why I didn't buy the pl1. The x1 is already really good. The halo you see is really a rainbow caused by refraction through the lens. If you look closely you should be able to see the whole spectrum. The blue just appears brightest.

The blue/green x1s by the way are much brighter than the white version, and a lot of fun to play around with.
--------------------
x1 poll

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
immensely brighter than what? The e1e? That would be hard to believe.
Also: Ck, where did you see them for sale?

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
greenlight said:
Well, do the pl1 and x1 put out about the same amount of light?

[/ QUOTE ]

As near as I can tell, the same amount of light output. The PL1 has a very useful side mounted button switch and also a very useful tail-standing capability. It also has top-rate knurling. It is an excellent light in it's own right.

850turbo

Newly Enlightened
what does the UV version look like? (beam wise) and how bright is it compared to the white one?

also, how much brighter then the white x1 is the blue/green one?

thanks

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my experience, the green X1 appears the brightest, and the blue has the most visible beam in darkness if you're into lightsabers. Then the white, in that order.

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found the price at my local store. They have quite a selection ( largely due to my input) and are pretty cheap. I am looking into the X1. It has a relatively bluish beam, black body, and looks nice!

-tom

Duncan

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
wholeflaffer said:
I'd save your money and look for the white X1. It's immensely brighter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif