Looking for my first project.

farmall

Enlightened
I am looking foward to my first mod. I have o-sink on the way and a 2 c-cell m@gl*te inhand. Can someone give advide for a simple first project?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks for any help.

farmall

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
What immediately comes to mind is either a 3X123/5W direct drive mod, or a 2C/LuxIII mod with a boost converter.

There are many posts addressing both here on CPF. Try doing a search on it. You should find more information than you need.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
farmall said:
I like the sound of the 3x123/5w direct drive. I'll try searching.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

With a Mag 2C and that heatsink you have the perfect beginnings to build your own Space Needle II: DIY Space Needle II...

gpk

Newly Enlightened
Ah the infamous Mr. Bulk; great tips on removing the mag switch. Worked great on my Mag2D. Id like to add thoug that the newer Mag 2C model I got has a brass ring holder on TOP that needs to be unscrewed to be able to unscrew the switch assembly. You can unscrew it with a long thin rod ; the ring has 2 little dimples you can grab w/ the rod and turn. I think the switch comes out the top too (gosh it's been a week and I aleady can't remember!).
As a fellow noob I can say be sure to follow Mr. Bulk's valuable advice on how (and how not to) clean the reflector /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
You can always build a 1 watt space needle with a zetex driver powered by 2 C cells (or AA w adapters).
I'd like to humbly add that Rosin Flux is your friend!
Pre-preparing the surface (e.g Negative lead, the long thin bent strip) makes it a lot easier to solder the wire to it.

You can try Mark Hanna's quickar electronics site ; http://www.moreleds.com/ for his LED site (shortuct). I bought off him on eBay and he seems like a nice fella.
Check out the dealers forums there's Elektrolumens and the Sandwich Shoppe.

gpk