Help.

Kreso_Bukvic

Newly Enlightened
Hy to all!

I ordered a green laser from AtlasNova. Im pretty new to this, my hoby
is Tesla coils. When i recieve my leadlight and play with it to make sure it is
ok i plan to do this steps.

1. Turn the pot and decrease the current to ~100 mA
2. Open it up and do the stage 2 mod (turn the diode) to get best output.
3. Insert 220 ohm and 3.3 kohm resistors.
4. Assemble it.
5. Adjust current with pot.

Since i have alot of prffesional equipment (not braging here)
i have a digital bench PSU with current and voltage control.
To what current should i adjust it then?

I will use this laser and respect the duty cycle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.
Originaly it should live 2000 - 3000 hours, lets take
2500 as average. Lets say that life will decrese to 250 hours.
That is 15 000 minutes if i use it 1 minute per day (i doubt il
use it so much) and divide that with 365. We get 41 year of use /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif.
Since this is teory lets take -50% /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

We get 20 year use with 1 minute of daily use. But let us be practical and
take another 50 % and settle for 10 years /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif?

To what current should i set it for above theory?
Im thinking 490 mA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif. What power can i expect?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Krešo Bukviæ
Croatia
Sory for my bad English

Kreso_Bukvic

Newly Enlightened
My leadlight didnot arrive yet. It is a 25-th day now...

What do you think will i get another laser from Mr. Beland?
If sombody could ansewer my question up there please do so.

Best Regards
Krešo Bukviæ

DaFiend

Enlightened
Have you contacted arnold before you made this post? He's the only one that will be able to answer your question.

LaserMod

Enlightened
Yeah I was going to suggest that...here is not really the place to ask that question.

You can email Arnold via his website www.abeland1.com

I'm sure the laser would have been sent to you and Arnold will do everything he can to get the problem solved... very good seller /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

But, I do not think you will need to modify the AtlasNova brand. Speaking from experience these are the most stable 532 lasers money can buy (the normal Leadlights make my meter jump all over the place)... the internal parts are noticeably of much higher quality also and much better assembled than a normal leadlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif They also appear to have a 350mw diode instead of the normal 200mw - well from the few I've had anyway - still to confirm - the diodes have a red spot on the bottom of them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you modify it you will risk the stability.

BTW Arnold I like your testing strategy - 1min of contnous use = power output. I find loads of stock Leadlights that have a high output on receipt are actually down the normal 5mw toilet after a minute of use. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Oh "Stage2" sounds like my modification guide - /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif - Don't try it on this pointer - stability is everything.

DaFiend

Enlightened
I think its strange /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif . Arnold would be the first person i would contact if my lasers weren't on schedule. And its been 25 days now.......

I just got some more reds off Arnold and they arrived in 10 days (cheers arnold, super fast and well packaged again!), and that was by air. I would have contacted him after about a fortnight and a half.

Edit : Spelling, slight addition.

Kreso_Bukvic

Newly Enlightened
Yes i contacted Arnold, usps... My friend bought 3 from him and they arrived in 10 days. I hope he will give me anoter grenie.

He is wery pleasant though...

Enigmahack

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
LaserModifier said:
They also appear to have a 350mw diode instead of the normal 200mw - well from the few I've had anyway - still to confirm - the diodes have a red spot on the bottom of them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Just to confirm - the ones with red on the bottom are stock 200mw diodes, the 350's don't have any markings but do have an etched R on the bottom instead. Just something to keep in mind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

LaserMod

Enlightened
They have the 'R' etched on them also aswell as the red marker. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I dug a couple out just to check.

Well it looks like an 'R' I'll post a pic of it...

Kreso_Bukvic

Newly Enlightened
Looks like Mr.Beland will return me my money but he wont give me another laser pointer. He is great, but looks like he is thinking that i did recieve my laser.
We will see positive experiece still for now...