Loc-Line Lamp

Turd_Ferguson

Enlightened
Had a KL3 and an E2C sitting around so I decided to make a portable desk lamp out of it. Comprised of two loc-line kits and an adapter from the Sandwich Shoppe plus a small aluminum project box, 6AA battery holder, small toggle switch and a couple of wires. No biggie, but kind of handy.

LLLamp.jpg

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
My locline light (with dimming...) here

I sand blasted the reflector surface of the heads I made and they provide a excellent artifact free 60 degree beam.

A portable unit running from 4AA nimhs/alkalines or lithiums here and a picture of it:

task3.jpg

And then I have tripuss that is Fatman powered from a 6V. I wired in a pot so I can adjust the light level as needed.

tripuss.jpg

The 4xAA powered unit is my favourite camping light for general task lighting etc. My older son has one of those units in his bedroom and I often find him under the covers reading a book when he's meant to be asleep... He dims it down so it provides the right amount of light to comfortably read.

george.

Turd_Ferguson

Enlightened
Might try a diffuser for a flood. Didn't plan on making a dimmer. It's not all the bright. Probably should send it to Chop to boost the circuit and replace with a 3 watt. Then I'd have an excuse to make a dimmer circuit for it.

Nice lamps georges80. I was hoping others would share theirs.

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Turd,
I made something VERY similar to that awhile back, but I used a Pelican case as a battery holder instead of a project box. You will find this to be quite handy to have around. I use mine all the time, and one of the nice things is that I bored out the Loc-Line adapter so that I can use any E-series head that accepts 6v, and I find that I like the KL4 head the most.