Johnny Carson 1925-2005 RIP

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i never saw him before but i know he used to host a night time show the one jay does now.he will be missed

Topper

Flashaholic*
Raggie, Johnny was the THE MAN for 30 years, I think Jay is fine but I can remember watching Johnny as a kid in fact remember Jay appearing on the show when he was starting out.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I got to see him in early 1992 just before he retired and I'll never forget it. All of the Big Guys were there that week - him, Ed McMahon and Doc Severinsen. What a treat that was.

I'll always remember his style as gracious, self-effacing and kind, and always professional. He made a lot of others' careers what they are. I think the whole entertainment industry is going to be flying at half-staff.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Awww man, that sucks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I remember watching The Tonight Show when I was younger; and even watched it on a black & white TV at grandma's house in north-central California in the early- or mid-1970s.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I still remember the infamous tomahawk scene from their New York days. That was back when the show was live and I think it was the first time when EVERYONE on the cast and crew completely lost it!

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:
...I'll always remember his style as gracious, self-effacing and kind, and always professional. He made a lot of others' careers what they are. I think the whole entertainment industry is going to be flying at half-staff.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That sums it up for me; Johnny was really special.

Brightnorm

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
I didn't know about this. What a loss for the world.
To all you old timers like me: Get used to this. It's only gonna get worse. Our heros are all gonna be dieing.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Was very sad to see the news, RIP Johnny. I felt like I grew up with him in the house at nite. Was sad to see him pass the torch, too. He always thought Letterman was the man to succeed him, but now I watch Jay...

daloosh

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too grew up watching him as many of you did. TV shows would come and go but you could always count on Johnny Carson. For twenty years or so I'd usually end my day by watching his show. I felt something was missing in my life when he retired. Now I'm very sad to hear of his passing. Thank you Mr. Carson for all the wonderful memories.