Any experience with Botach Tactical?

Photon

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any experience with Botach Tactical?

Their website shows I can get an E2E and KL1 for $88. Thats the best price I've seen.

Any free advice? Thanks.

rycen

Enlightened
Do a search for Botach, it is a gamble.Where did you see those for 88 I see them for 104?

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great prices but mediocre service.
I still treasure their e-mail that said that they "throw away" orders that have backordered items.
Hopefully they actually have their KLs in stock.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E2 is $49.
The E2e is $65.

That's still a pretty good price for the E2 but only average on the E2e.
The E2 should serve just fine for the KL1 though.
If you don't need a pocket clip that is.

And I suggest that you order PDQ if you're going to.
Now that you've told everyone in here I'm sure that Botach will sell out in no time.
grin.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Photon:
http://botachtactical.com/

KL1 $39
E2E $49
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Just remember not to ever order from the Botach folks without e-mail verification of items wanted- "in stock".

Better yet, order/verify on the phone-and get the rep's name also.
tongue.gif
-How about doing BOTH?
wink.gif

robstarr-lite

Newly Enlightened
i ordered a kl1, kl3, some batteries and the 29 dollar g2 last friday...lowest pricing on these i've seen...wasn't looking at first

never got an e-mail notification although a pre authorization was made on my visa.

i called and was told all is in except the kl3

the fellow on the phone at first wanted me to remove the kl3....i told him no as that was a good price, etc...he was going to check monday

asked (called) twice for a tracking number- still no have but was told order is in their system

have not heard back as of this evening

anyone else experience this "normal order operating system" ?

i am north of LA and took the 8 buck shipping charge...

anyone have any experience with backordered items....like when a backorder is filled do you get charged "another" shipping charge?

if there is an additional shipping charge that might not make my original purchase worth it

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go over to www.bladeforums.com and do a search in their "Good Bad Ugly" forum. You will find a lot of complaints about their modus operandi.

They like to advertise really good prices, but many times they don't have the item in stock. Their philosophy is that the customer pays in every way for the priviledge of doing business with them.

If you're lucky and the item you want is already in stock, there should be very little trouble. If it is not in stock, they will charge you first, then wait till they have built up a sufficient order size before making their order with the manufacturer. This will usually take a very long time. Long enough that they might actually forget you ever placed an order with them in the first place. And during this period, emails and phone calls to them will never get through.

The other part about having to pay for multiple shipping costs if they need to send your order in more than one shipment is quite standard with some other retailers.

What irks buyers is that they don't always tell you it is out of stock. They will charge you for the item even before they order it, let alone get it in stock. They advertise for items that are not in stock, hoping to build up a order size large enough to get quantity discounts. They are hard to reach once they have your money. They are almost impossible to cancel with once they have your money. If they can't reach sufficient order size, they will conveniently forget all about you (and that you've already paid them), and you need to hound them for quite a while before they remember (if you can get through in the first place). They usually send you the part of your order they have in stock without telling you that there items not yet in stock which they will send at a later date if they remember and will charge you extra shipping for it.

I think that about sums it up.

Disclaimer: I have never done business with BoTach. I have gleaned all the above information from quite a few other's dealing with them and posting their experiences on bladeforums. Would you do business with them after reading all that? I wouldn't, especially since I live many timezones and very far away and email is usually my only point of contact.

rodmeister

Enlightened
I got screwed by Botach and won't buy from them. They shorted me an item and I'm out $35. If you have any problems they will not respond to you, or will give you a runaround.

You may get lucky. Always order one item, not multiples to decrease your chances of a foul up.

A friend of mine visited their warehouse store. It was a dumpy family business in a real bad part of town.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, if its horror story time....
I ordered some SureFire parts and every one of them was out of stock.
Not that anyone told me that of course....

I got an e-mail confirmation and a few weeks later the charge appeared on my credit card bill.
Still no stuff though.

I called repeatedly but the person in charge of shipping was never available.

I finally got through to someone in shipping who made the now infamous comment "well orders with backordered items we just throw away. Usually they order again if they really want it."
This was actually confirmed in a later e-mail.

About 3 weeks later the credit finally appeared on my credit card.
smile.gif

guncollector

Enlightened
If you want to take advantage of Botach's low prices, do yourself a favor, order ONLY by telephone. Confirm availability, and get the reps name. Pay only by credit card. I've never had a problem ordering in this manner.

The only time I've ever had a problem with Botach is when ordering online--usually, as previously mentioned, a backordered item not shipped (but not charged to my card either).

Photon

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all for the replies. Now I see how their prices can be as they are.

I think I'll order from someone more reputable.

Any recommendations for best price/service? I'm mainly interested in an E2/KL1.

Thanks again.

WaltH

Enlightened
Go to Strategosstore.com. Be sure to enter in 186thousand for your gift code and save 10% off the posted price. You will also get free shipping on orders over $50.00.

Good Luck

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I am lucky. Ordered from Botach 5 times via on-line. 4 of the orders came within 5 days, the other one came 3 weeks later. I would ONLY order a sale item as it is probably in stock and only order it during the first few days of the sale. They were very hard to contact about the slow order but did not charge my CC until they had it in stock.

robstarr-lite

Newly Enlightened
well, following advice, called and spoke with BK

cancelled kl1 and 3 as they were out...nuts!

increased g2 from 1 to 3 qty
batteries were in..so no chg

just got an e-mail confirmation on shippment

whew!

Inverse Square

Newly Enlightened
I guess I have been lucky. I have ordered many times from Botach and have received good service. I had minor problems twice and both were resolved to my satisfaction. Just to show how variable online ordering can be my worst experience with online ordering was with Amazon.com. They shipped me a clearly used item and it was to be a Christmas gift. Guess when I found out it was used!
If you are unsure just do what others do and call to order. Good luck.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by this_is_nascar:
We'll see. I ordered 2-G2's the other day and within 24-hours got the message they shipped. I'm now keeping my fingers crossed that they didn't screw anything up.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The only way they could screw your order up once it has been shipped is:

Send you the wrong color.
Only send you one.

I've placed 5 orders with them earlier this year and got everything without error(s).

AlphalphaPB

Newly Enlightened
I've ordered from BotachTactical three times. The first time, it took about a month for my stuff to arrive. It was an order consisting of various interesting little knick-knacks, so I bet they had to separately order them from several suppliers.

The second time, I *wanted* a pair of boots badly, so I sprang for 2-day shipping. Guess what? It took them about 2 weeks to get them, so by the time they arrive, it's a pleasant surprise.

The third time, I ordered the PrincetonTec Aurora 13 days ago. This was the night before they sent out the "Special Offer" email about the headlamp, so you'd think they have some in stock, right? Still waiting, and I'm definitely not going to hold my breath.

Botach has cheap prices if you can wait.